We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

lancs
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Topic
Visa

Hi I’ve read the visa guide regarding photos and the way I understand it is that we will scan our passports in but we can’t then use that photo on the application. Will I simply be able to take a full face photo using my phone and use that? I’m not sure how I’ll know that it’s the right size and pixels etc?

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

Yes you can and there should be instructions in the visa guide on how to resize your photo.

Ilkeston, United...
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

You can use your last years visa photo again, we did

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

It might be their first application Roger.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

Once you have transferred the photo to your pc and click to open it,the programme that opens it should tell you the size,if not then right click on it and select 'info'this will give all details of the size.

5. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2018, 16:13

Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,774 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

Re-using last year's photos has an inherent risk. If they notice and reject your application, you lose your money and have to re-apply and pay again. Saying it was fine last year isn't an acceptable answer I'm afraid.

It only takes a minute to take a photo against a white background on your phone and resize it. Of course one can still try their luck with old photos, but in case they notice, they can and will reject the application, and you have no defence. Its a risk you take.

Reply to: Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted