We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.

Level Contributor
2,726 posts
27 reviews
Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.

Anyone had any news about palmtree/ sportsman in calangute.

It's been closed since may, which is unusual, rumours floating around at the moment, some not very nice.

Any info UK end to confirm or counter the rumours.

34 replies to this topic
Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,837 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.

Understand Jayne & Max are in the UK and then heard Max was in hospital recovering from an operation, if that is true it could be a while before the doctor lets him return to Goa

Level Contributor
2,726 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.

Cheers for that... I knew they were in UK, nothing about the operation.... other nasty rumours floating around... idle minds and the like....

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,837 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.

Pilkie should be at Babutes Classic tonight over the road from the little Newtons that was, there are often a gathering of expats in there who go for the karaoke, they might have news about Max

Level Contributor
2,726 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.

Nobody has anything concrete.... it's all whispers and innuendo. Thought max or Jayne or someone close to them on here might have some positive or clear cut news.

Level Contributor
2,726 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.

Well it looks like the palmtree/sportsman has changed hands... New management team to be announced shortly... I won't post who the front runner is at the moment as they are allegedly working notice on their current place, and they haven't confirmed 100% that it's them... but the rumour is ripe...

Bubbles has also moved back to the American bar in calangute market...down the lane opposite Johnnies chemist... to the rear of ajs juice bar.

rastrick
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.

Do like going to the Sportsman, all i can say if the romours are true that it is going to change hands is, i hope they, stop using the strong disinfectant for wiping the tables down,and clean the toilets up they are terrible.

Level Contributor
2,726 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.

If the rumour is true... toilets won't be an issue as the number one runner already has a place with clean toilets.

Level Contributor
2,726 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.

It's now official has changed hands... workers started to strip the bar today.. new management team hope to announce things officially Aug 1st

I think it going to be in good hands.

Best of luck to Jayne & max with what ever their now doing.

rastrick
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
35 reviews
9. Re: Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.

Are they going to keep it as a sports bar? ,you seem to know the people who have got it, do they already run a bar/restaurant in Calangute.Any clues.

Edited: 20 July 2018, 19:10
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.

It will still be a sports bar, restaurant as well... I do know the next managers but as I said earlier they don't want to say anything in case it upsets the owners where they arecurrently as they have a lease till September.. that's their position and they hope to be able to announce things in a couple of weeks.

Reply to: Palmtree/ sportsman calangute.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted