We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 month Visa

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
6 month Visa

Hey Guys,

I'm having the same issue. I'm applying for a 6 month visa and have completed the online application. I have yet to pay for anything as I was under the presumption that I apply and pay for everything once I get to the consulate for that duration?

Is it best to follow previous advise and just turn up in the morning with the initial internet application?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
8,332 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 month Visa

Have you actually submitted application and made an appointment at VFS.

If you have followed the visa guide and have the necessary documentation then you can pay at the centre. I have never paid online, always when submitting application at VFS.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,324 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 month Visa

There is no six month visa, there is an up to 12 month visa and you can apply, pay online and post or you can make an appointment to attend a centre, there is a up to 60 month visa where you apply online and its compulsory that you visit a centre. If you wish to apply in person for either visa though, you have to make an appointment. i suggest you check out Igirls visa guide, you will find a link on the right hand side of the page.

Edited: 04 August 2017, 16:50
UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,157 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 month Visa

Just to add to the above, the VFS Offices at Goswell Road and Hounslow have an out of hours service that you can attend without an appointment. 15:30 – 17:00 hours.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 month Visa

Thanks for the replies guys.

I obviously read a wrong thread and thought there was a 6 month option. Thanks for the heads up on that one.

In terms of an appointment- I've been trying to book one online and it doesn't seem to load. It just keeps refreshing the page with no option to book.

Ive read the visa step by step in the pinned tab on the right- is that what you mean? Again, once the internet pre-application is filled in it doesn't give me an option to actually pay for the visa. I'm only able to print the pre-application that you take with you.

I've also spent around 2 hours on hold trying to call the consulate and book an appointment.

Ill be flying out in October so still have some time but i've heard it can take upto 3 weeks to obtain the visa?

London
Level Contributor
8,332 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 month Visa

I have always applied in person, Neri, and visa has always been ready on the third working day. I havent heard of any delays recently and unless problem with your application there should be no delay - assuming you have no family Pakistani connections which would be one reason for delay.

Have not applied this year so not sure if there are problems with the appointment service. Failing booking an appointment, if fits in with your time schedule, you can as igirl suggests go to Goswell Road/Hounslow without appointment. Should imagine its not busy this time of year.

If you submitting in person cannot see any advantage paying online, just pay at the VFS office.

Edited: 04 August 2017, 20:50
Reply to: 6 month Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted