We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money to take.

Berkshire England
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Money to take.

Hi all,

get anyone tell me the best way to take money.

Cash? travellers cheques? which currancy?

the post office web site said to take US dollars???

I,m confused.

ps, going to bogmalo on the 25th March.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Money to take.

hi

just take sterling,cash,card or tcs

tom

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,049 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money to take.

I agree with Tom. I took sterling travellers cheques and my partner took cash. There's no point taking US dollars, you end up paying 2 lots of exchange rates.

blackpool
Level Contributor
578 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money to take.

Hi

as with the others just take sterling, tc's or your atm but def not dollars, i think that the post office is trying to earn some extra commission ! two tips i can give you is never change money in your hotel, the rate will be 2/3 rps to the pound less than it should be and shop around, i don't know bogmalo myself but there will be plenty of shop traders who change money, look for the best offer. If you were to post a thread asking for the best place to change money in bogmalo i'm sure someone will reply. Have a great holiday

Tower

Dagenham, ESSEX
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money to take.

Hi

The nearest atm to Bogmalo is in Vasco, about 15 mins in a taxi.

Changing money in the hotel wasn't too bad a rate.

The Hotel supply beach towels and also change bed linen daily.

If you have booked a standard room ask for the 6th floor. These have a better view and have balconies. The standard rooms on the first floor have no balconies.

Jeff

Berkshire England
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money to take.

Hi all, Thanks to everyone for their advice. It is much appreciated.

Really looking forward to the holiday, not long to go now.

Cheers, Tim.

6. Re: Money to take.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 02:50