We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waiting rooms at New Delhi Railway Station

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Waiting rooms at New Delhi Railway Station

Hi guys

I have booked a 1A (First class) ticket from New Delhi - Jalandhar. Im arriving at the station an hour or so before it leaves.

Does anyone know whether there are different waiting rooms for different class tickets? Does it cost anything to enter?

Thanks.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
342 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waiting rooms at New Delhi Railway Station

Yes there are different waiting rooms as per the class you booked the ticket.

There will be no extra charges for waiting room use. Please be advised it is not private room, it is common sitting room with other fellow passengers

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Waiting rooms at New Delhi Railway Station

There's a different Waiting room for A/C class coaches on the New Delhi Railway Station. You just need to show your ticket to enter (its the retiring rooms that you have to pay extra for). Use of washrooms have to be paid for (Rs 1-2 I think).

I can't comment on the cleanliness or hygiene of the A/c waiting since I haven't been there in some time(also the station is undergoing a massive renovation). But the general waiting room where I received some friends last year seems to have improved considerably.

It would help other travellers if you reported back on your experience.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waiting rooms at New Delhi Railway Station

Is the train starting from Delhi or is it coming from elsewhere? If it's starting in Delhi and if you're arriving at the platform an hour before the departure of the train, then you may not have to use the waiting room at all. That's because most probably, the train would already be at the platform or may just be arriving. You can immediately go to your seat and stay put! In fact, arriving at the station an hour before its departure is the normal thing to do and you'll find there are other passengers already waiting for the train!

Have a nice journey!

4. Re: Waiting rooms at New Delhi Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 03:49