We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arunachal visit in November. (4th to 11th)

Ludhiana, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Arunachal visit in November. (4th to 11th)

Hello Dear,

I'm planning to visit Arunachal in November some time between 4th to 11th of the month. Would appreciate if some guide me by replying on the following queries.

It this time of the year is suitable ?

is it advisable to visit with kids (5 n 10yrs old)

What is the most convenient way to reach either from Agartala or Kolkata ?

Places of interest must be seen.

Best place to stay.

Tentative Itinerary please if possible.

Tentative cost of trip for four pax.

R D
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arunachal visit in November. (4th to 11th)

Can be done

November - weather will be very good

Road conditions - Must have improved ( at the moment its very bad )

With Kids - absolutely do able if you hire a dedicated car

If only Arunachal is on your itinerary - starting from Tezpur is the best option

Second best option - Guwahati ( 185 kms from Tezpur )

As in my earlier reply to another query: Inner Line Permit is required for all members embraking on the trip.

Valid foto i.d. + 4 passport sized photographs

Day 1- Tezpur to Bomdila ( overnight at Bomdila )

Day2 - Bomdila to Tawang ( by passing Dirang )

Day3 - Tawang local and apply for permit to Bumla - China border ( Korea Brigade military office at Tawang decides whether to issue the permits or not )

Day 4 - Tawang - Bum la- Shingetsar lake - Tawang ( almost a full day )

Day 5 - Tawang - Lum la - Zemithang - Tawang ( again a full day )

Day 6 - Tawang to Dirang & explore around ( overnight at Dirang )

Day 7 - Dirang to Tezpur ( journey ends )

Hotels / Acco. enroute

Tezpur hotels : Rs.1200 - Rs. 2500 + tax / dbl bed acco. ( Aditya's center point / KRC palace / Hotel KF etc..)

Hotels Bomdila / Dirang / Tawang - check link below

http://arunachalpradesh.nic.in/tourism.htm

Range - Rs 300 - Rs 3500 / dbl bed acco.

Start calling and booking in advance because the season starts from late October onwards.

Have a happy and safe journey.

Ludhiana, India
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arunachal visit in November. (4th to 11th)

Dear RD,

Many thanks for your feedback !

Can you also advise what is the best way to reach Tezpur from Agartala or Shilong. Preferably I would like to start my trip from any of the two places.

What will be the tentative cost of hiring a dedicated car/ jeep/suv for entire trip.

wbr.

R D
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arunachal visit in November. (4th to 11th)

Sat Sree Akal,

Dunno if you've recd. my reply to your query regarding Shillong or Agartala as a starting point.

If your trip plan is to start from Ludhiana and end at Ludhiana and the dates are

Start - 4th Nov, End-11 Nov ( 8 days ) then landing at Guwahati or Tezpur is more practical, looking at the days on hand available with you ( assuming you plan to take a flight to land in the north east )

Please give me these inputs and i'll help you plan a memorable itinerary.

Ludhiana, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Arunachal visit in November. (4th to 11th)

Dear RD,

Sat Shri Akal

Actually my plan is to start from Agartala or Shilong as during that period (4h Nov) I'll be very close to these two areas. But if you suggest to start from Tezpur as first option or Guwahati as second option, then I have to travel any of the one place from my starting point (Agartala or Shilong) Most likely it will be from shilong only & from there to Guwahati via road. Further, plz advise how to go about.

Also, I would like to finish my journey at Shilong only.

What about Inner Line Permit? How can i obtain earlier itself. Also What will be the tentative cost of hiring a dedicated car/ jeep/suv for entire trip.

Wbr,

R D
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arunachal visit in November. (4th to 11th)

Got it Jaspal jee,

Inner line permits : Pasting a link which lists all locations from where ILP's are issued and everything about Arunachal.

http://arunachalpradesh.nic.in/enter_ap.htm

Office timings should be the usual sarkari timings and days

Docs required : 2 Fotocopies of i.d. for each person wishing to travel + 4 passport sized fotographs.

You'll have to call up and check if kids are exempted from providing i.d's if travelling with parents or guardians (i guess only fotos should be required )

I have hired a driver from Tezpur around the dates when you plan to travel

( 1st Nov until 20th Nov ) and will check up with him for some other person willing to make a trip for Arunachal.

i am on google mail and you can shoot me a test mail on that

ravidave70

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arunachal visit in November. (4th to 11th)

Hi

I am planning to visit Bomdilla and Tawang. Can someone advise whether the journey from guwahati to Twang is safe from any insurgencies. And how much will taxi fare cost if i have to hire one for the whole trip.

R D
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Arunachal visit in November. (4th to 11th)

Roads are safe ( no insurgency issues )

You shall require an inner line permit to visit arunachal and you can check up my previous posts for a link on places where you get permits ( Guwahati and Tezpur )

Taxis shared and dedicated hired one can be had at guwahati and also at tezpur, which is generally the starting point for any trip to Arunachal

Avg. going rate for a dedicated hire is Rs. 1800 - 2000 / day for hire + fuel + driver food and acco. at actuals or a flat rate of Rs 3000-3500 / day , all inclusive

Bomdila - the monastery guest house is a nice and affordable place approx. Rs. 1000/dbl occupancy

Tawang - Hotel Tawang inn is a small family run outfit and has got decent reviews from travellers Rs 1200 - 3500 for various room types

Hotel - Gaykhi Zang Hotel is more up market Rs. 2200 - 4000 for various room types

Make your choice and have a nice trip

Cheers

R.D.

R D
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Arunachal visit in November. (4th to 11th)

Sat Sri Akal Jaspal jee,

Hope my inputs have been of help to you

Haven't heard from your end on this forum for a while

Cheers.

9. Re: Arunachal visit in November. (4th to 11th)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2011, 17:51
cape town
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arunachal visit in November. (4th to 11th)

4th to 11th November is a good time to visit Arunachal.

I would suggest the Tawang Route for beginners. There is no insurgency in these areas and the roads are little ok.

I would guggest the following itinerary :

4th Nov- Drive from Shillong to Bhalukpong(7-8 hours). Stay at governemnt guest house

5th Nov- Drive from Bhalukpong to Dirang valley(9-10 hours). Very picturistic place.

6th Nov- Sight seeing in Dirang. Visit the yak reserch center. Drive to Tawang(10 hours).

7th Nov- Explore Tawang

8th Nov- Tawang to Madhuri Lake and back. Very beautiful journey. Heavenly drive.

9th Nov- Drive from Tawang to Bomdila.(10hours). Dont forget to check out Bomdila market.

10th Nov- Drive from Bomdilla to Bhalukpong/Nameri Eco Camp

11th Nov- Drive from Nameri to Shillong.

The above will be a good itinerary for your trip I guess.

If you want a reliable tour operator, you can contact 'Greener Pastures'. Its run by two very enthusiastic youths who are very helpful. They can also make a budget packet for you.

Contact them at greenerpasturesind.wordpress.com/contact-us/

Hope you have a great trip.

Get answers to your questions about Arunachal Pradesh