We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

araku train...........

kolkata
Level Contributor
52 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
araku train...........

will anyone plz tell me how to book the train from vizag to visit to araku?i have to reserve the tkts in advance or will i get it by just going to the station in morning?

J K
Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
430 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: araku train...........

When I last travelled (around 2yrs back) it wasn't possible to reserve tickets in this train. You'll have to go to the station in the morning around 6am and book the ticktes (the train leaves around 6:40 if I remember right). There is no seat reservation either, so you'll have to hop in and grab a window seat if you can! But the journey is well worth it, especially if you are traveling with kids, with innumerable tunnels! Have fun!!

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,801 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: araku train...........

Rishi,

I would suggest to avail APTDC train/bus package for Araku and Borra cave. They have nicely done itinerary. The train has partial reservation of seats, the reserved seats will be with the unreserved ones. The arrangement was made in view of considering the transportation of local people, because, there are a few trains run in this route. Tourists might face uncomfortable to adjust themselves in this arrangement. Even the same sitting arrangement is applicable for the APTDC package also, but they have tour coordinator to look after the comfort of the tourists.

Planning for overnightstay at Araku?? Not worth.

AshisRoy

Edited: 03 May 2011, 13:33
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: araku train...........

Although I've been to Araku many times but never went by train :-( I've heard its' fun to pass through some 58 tunnels. I've never seen anybody doing reservation, because it's a passenger train.

Hope the following link answers the question:

http://www.go2india.in/ap/araku-train.php

Vivek

kolkata
Level Contributor
52 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: araku train...........

thanx a lot..........

india
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: araku train...........

We went there in Feb. We have done the reservations in advance and had a very comfortable journey without having to share seats with unreserved passengers.

kolkata
Level Contributor
52 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: araku train...........

from where u did the reservation?thru irctc or from vizag station?

india
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: araku train...........

The reservation was done well before our vizag trip from a railway reservation counter in Mumbai ( just in the old fashined way......:D).So , I guess it can be done through IRCTC.

kolkata
Level Contributor
52 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: araku train...........

i have checked in internet in irctc web address they r not giving it.may b some problem out there in site.train number is 1vk right?and the destination station is vskp and do u know araku's source code?

kolkata
Level Contributor
52 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: araku train...........

anyway thanx for all ur answers..........will find it............

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,801 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: araku train...........

I had been in Araku five times so far, never experienced of such seating reservation. You cannot get it reserved thru any website, because, it is an unreserved train, the railway authority do the seating reservations for APTDC only, the seat numbers marked with white chalk in a portion of the coach.

Edited: 05 May 2011, 12:33