We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to vizag and aruku in october

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip to vizag and aruku in october

Hi,

I am planning a 4 day trip to vizag and aruku around with my family (me,husband and my 4 yr old daughter) around dussera time. From hyd, we'll come via train to vizag and we wish to spend 2 days in vizag and 2 in aruku.

I checked the aptdc website and others for the itinerary. However, most of them seem to suggest a beach visit in day time, which looks strange. Ideally, I would like to spend the evenings in vizag on beach. As we are from hyd, it would be a different experience for us. I would like to avoid zoo or any shopping area/museum unless it is something that is really a must-see. Keeping this in mind, could somebody please suggest a detailed itinerary ?

For the accomodation, we'd like to stay at a beach resort in vizag and any resort amidst greenery / hill or valley view resort in aruku. After checking the online reviews, i've zeroed in on 2 hotels - haritha beach resort in vizag and jungle bells tyda in aruku. Please let me know if there are other ones in the category. Could anyone please let me know if tyda is safe enough for our 4 year old ?

Thanks,

Swapna.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,655 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip to vizag and aruku in october

You did not mention your budget. If it is for star category, I would suggest The Park in Vizag. You can get their package at an attractive rate. Otherwise, you may think of APTDC at Rushikonda. Which is nicely located over the beach. You may visit the submarine (museum) in vizag, its unique.

In Araku, two days will be a bit boring. Instead of that, you may include Jagdalpur (1 night) in the itinerary.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip to vizag and aruku in october

My budget is not more than 3k per day so the 5 star hotels are out of question. The reason I chose 2 days for Aruku is because we don't want to spend full time in sight-seeing. Whenever we go for a holiday, we generally leave the evening time for leisure. We'd like to limit our journey to places in and around vizag and don't want to club more destinations in our trip. As of now, the must-see places in my list are dolphin nose, mount kilash, simhachalam , borracaves and anantagiri. The rest of our time, we'd like to spend at a beach or at the resort. Please let me know any feedback on jungle bells eco resort.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,655 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip to vizag and aruku in october

sorry, no idea about the resort you mentioned

machilipatnam
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip to vizag and aruku in october

it is nice. but many other hotels & resorts r there according to your budget. mostly try for aptdc resorts(like rushikonda )which are safe & as per govt rules.

Kolkata, India
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a trip to vizag and aruku in october

i think the jungle bell resorts rooms are not good.

They have lizards and ants. not maintained properly

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a trip to vizag and aruku in october

I don't recommend The Park in Vizag unless someone else pays for you.

The choice of APTDC resort at Rushikonda is good. The best rooms should cost you close to 2000 rupees. When I went in 2007 development was in full swing, so you can expect better time now.

It's advisable to have a car at your disposal, as Rushikonda is far away from the city and public transport is terrible.

Jugle Bells, on the way to Araku, is also managed by APTDC and has various categories of cottages. I visited them in 2007.They were superb for the money one paid. I don't think you'll get that value anywhere else, if they are maintained in the same condition.

Another alternative is booking APTDC resort in Araku. That too is good.

No ATM in Araku, so keep enought cash and gear up for great time.

Vivek

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning a trip to vizag and aruku in october

Thank you all very much for the inputs. I think i will stick with APTDC resorts.

visakahpatnam
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning a trip to vizag and aruku in october

it is too difficult to get such without prior reservation for any person to acompany we r here to help u with guide service wiht a per day 1000 service 24 hours

englishcorridor a club house in vizag

tyda is beautful place for but not for u daughter

decent kerala massage by ramani 42yrs and raman 38yrs in vizag

home service and parlour service including ayuurvedic massage sandal paste facial and steam bath for 1500 onwards

it is too diffu

London
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning a trip to vizag and aruku in october

Hi there

Wow...thats a lovely offer with massage with oils and site seeing @1500 INR

Do u know someone in Trivandrum too of the same kind of relaxing massage as we are heading towards Trivandrum in about a week time.

please reply at model4anylife@gmail.com

Derick

10. Re: Planning a trip to vizag and aruku in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 10:49