We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good wildlife destination near Hyderabad

Seattle
Level Contributor
192 posts
31 reviews
Good wildlife destination near Hyderabad

Hello everyone,

I'll be traveling to Hyderabad for work for two weeks in October, and I'd like to spend some time photographing wildlife at the end. My idea is for a travel company to drive me from Hyderabad to a lodge on Friday night. I would do safaris on Saturday and Sunday. Then Sunday after the sun sets I would drive back to Hyderabad for a very early Monday flight (1 am I think).

Of course, my top interest is to see a tiger. Second priority would be a leopard or sloth bear. Third is any other mammal and fourth are birds. Obviously I'm aware that it's wildlife and there are no guarantees. My hope would be to book a private vehicle since I'm very serious about wildlife photography.

Would anyone have recommendations for a place that's

1) Not too far from Hyderabad

2) Is rich in wildlife

3) Offers the opportunity to book a private vehicle (which I'd arrange in advance)

Thank you very much for your time.

1 reply
Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Good wildlife destination near Hyderabad

There is a Wild Life Zone known as Nallamala Forest which is part of Tiger Reserve in India however to my best of knowledge i dont remember any Lodges/Accommodation in this area. This is spread on a vast area currently comes under two different States (4 years back it all used to be in one State which was divided into 2 states later).

This zone starts approx after 180 Kms from Hyderabad on a route to Srisailam (250 kms) which is a Hindu Religious Temple. All people passing thru this route can be said who are visiting this temple. Being a Wild Life Reserve this Road is closed during Nights from 9pm to 6AM.

During my last visit I remember seeing a short safari tour by Jeep on the way, but not sure how regularly its operated. On random basis tourists have spotted Tigers while traveling on this route and even i did see one many years back when i was on a college tour to this Religious place.

If you can search in Google on Nallamala Forest / Srisailam you will get to know about more details. Also try searching google maps typing Hyderabad to Srisailam and yoiu will see all Green Zone in the surroundings of Srisailam so you get can get a better idea.

Edited: 09 September 2018, 08:13
Reply to: Good wildlife destination near Hyderabad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hyderabad