We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of food and drink on havelock

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
cost of food and drink on havelock

hi all

been going through posts looking for average prices of food and drink but cannot really find any info.

i have been a regular to goa and wondered if it is on par or slightly more expensive or even cheaper.

i know its hard to answer as we all eat and drink different things but any help would be great-looking at going in march

Port Blair, India
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: cost of food and drink on havelock

You might easily spend between 1000 - 1200 rupees per day on really good food with drinks. Assuming you are a non- vegetarian and love sea food.

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
2. Re: cost of food and drink on havelock

thanks ashwin.i love seafood and the odd drink,was just looking at everyday prices really,ie water, lunch the normal.

was justy trying to get an idea compared to goa.we went to thailand a few months back and was expensive compaered to goa,and just thpught that being these islands are away from the mainland would they be a lot more expensive than goa for example,,

thanks for the quick reply

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
541 posts
130 reviews
286 helpful votes
3. Re: cost of food and drink on havelock

Andaman is very different from Goa specially when it comes to sea food and drinks.In Goa sea foods and drinks are easily available and in abundance.

In Andaman both these items are bit expensive than Goa.

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
1,040 reviews
625 helpful votes
4. Re: cost of food and drink on havelock

Robbie

We are booked at the Munjoh Resort on Havelock for March this year and had a similar query. I asked the resort on prices and was pleasantly surprised by the indicative costs ( subject to change of course ). Bottle of Kingfisher circa 150 inr for a 750 ml bottle. Mixer with premium spirit circa 200inr. Food from 600 inr for lobster ( dependent on size ) through to 320 inr for fillet of fish, 280 inr for King fish steak to sea food sizzler at 700 inr. Again indicative but this has allowed us to budget accordingly. There's also a none sea food menu which they have indicated could be cheaper again. Remember this is at one of the resorts also so fairly reasonable I thought. I've not been to Goa so cannot compare. Hope this helps either way. Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
5. Re: cost of food and drink on havelock

thanks remi

and nice one chris

give me a better idea

we are looking at going in march so just weighung our options.

really like the idea of havelock as a change to goa.i do like a bit of lazing on the beach and just worried about a lack of sunbeds anywhere,also the only downside for me is i cannot do scuba diving so this was just a chill out on a nice beach...

thanks for the prices,,can i ask where you booked the resort as we are looking at booking everything on our own and looking at around 10 days there

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
1,040 reviews
625 helpful votes
6. Re: cost of food and drink on havelock

Robbie

Pleased to help. We booked direct with the Munjoh Resort. The manager is Runeet Bajaj ( Sunny ) and his email is book@munjoh.com.

We are there Tuesday 26 March through to Friday 29 March so give us a shout for a beer or two in the restaurant if you are there then. You won't miss us my wife and her sister are fairly loud and entertaining. Cheers

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
541 posts
130 reviews
286 helpful votes
7. Re: cost of food and drink on havelock

Munjoh is one of the best resorts in Havelock.For details check their web site

www.munjoh.com

8. Re: cost of food and drink on havelock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Andaman and Nicobar...