We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless sunbathing at the savoy??

Weston-super-Mare...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Topic
Topless sunbathing at the savoy??

Hi

I am currently enjoying my first full day at the savoy but I have noticed a few of the guests are sunbathing topless

I thought this was illegal in Egypt?

None of the staff have said anything

And I find it quite uncomfortable

It's just not something I expected from the savoy after paying so much money

Is this something which is now allowed in sharm???

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Topless sunbathing at the savoy??

No it's not so I am surprised. I too would be uncomfortable. Have you tried mentioning it to management? I expect the beach and pool staff would be too embarrassed to say anything.

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
644 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topless sunbathing at the savoy??

I've seen it before in differrent hotels. Though it may be illegal, the employees tend to turn a blind eye (and enjoy the view). I wonder what these ladies are thinking. Not much, obviously...

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
13,291 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Topless sunbathing at the savoy??

Presumably these are the same people we have heard of in other recent threads who shout at you in the queue for omelettes,,fight you over the last slice of toast, and refuse to comply with with dress code, preferring to dine in their swimwear.

My advice is forget Sharm, go to Luxor or Aswan. It's cheaper too.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Topless sunbathing at the savoy??

We see toppless women sunbathing all the time in sharm and also in the savoy when we stayed there too .

It's a purpose built resort for holiday makers so there laws don't really apply and they always will turn a blind eye .

Why let it bother you ? If you holiday in Spain , Mexico , Caribbean, Portugal ect then you would be used to it .

Just out of interest where do you normally holiday ?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Topless sunbathing at the savoy??

Sorry but I must disagree with anyone who advocates the notion that tourists should ignore the laws of the land they are visiting. That is a short cut to trouble.

It is, in my opinion, no less irresponsible than if one were advise those visiting the UK that it's okay to ignore the laws on drinking in the street, when visiting Blackpool, for instance, due to it being a tourist resort & others having been seen doing it all the time..

manchester
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Topless sunbathing at the savoy??

After 5 trips to egypt (4 in sharm) I have never seen anyone sun bathing toplesss so I'm not sure it's a massive wide spread issue. That said, obviously there are some doing it and it's a shame that some people don't respect the country they are visiting. After all, we would expect that people coming to the UK should respect our laws and culture.

Edited: 27 June 2015, 20:42
liverpool
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Topless sunbathing at the savoy??

Get off your high horses ,

Do you respect there drinking laws or do you enjoy your self and chill with a alcoholic drink .

Don't preach unless you stick to there laws fully .

8. Re: Topless sunbathing at the savoy??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 02:35
liverpool
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Topless sunbathing at the savoy??

My mrs would never go topless , but we respect everyone and if people do then that's fine with me and I don't think the Egyptain guys are bothered !!!!

If it bothers people that much book a private villa in the royal savoy ( £8000 for the week ! )

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Topless sunbathing at the savoy??

It's not illegal in Egypt to drink alcohol

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh