We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which part of sharm el sheikh is best o to stay?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Which part of sharm el sheikh is best o to stay?

can somebody recommend me best place to stay in sharm el sheikh? which resort is best, theres a few i heard? also is naqb different to sharm el sheikh. its confusing

I want beaches and 5 star hotel, and accesibility to main activities of sharm el sheikh (whatever they may be)

so any suggestions would be a great help

Edited: 07 August 2012, 09:42
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which part of sharm el sheikh is best o to stay?

It depends if you want to be in the hussle and bustle of Naama Bay, a busy shopping area that a lot of people say they dont enjoy, personally, I think its a great way of having a laugh with the locals there.

Or you can look for a hotel in the sharks bay/whight knight bay, this is on the doorstep to soho square, a far more laid back shopping area with bars and restaurants everywhere. The hotels here within walking distance are Savoy, Island View (I think that is its new name, was Sunrise), Concorde El Salam and Hilton Sharks Bay. These 4 all have private beaches with snorkelling.

The main activities in Sharm arent really accessible without booking a trip with a tour company or your rep. In which a free pick up and drop off would be arranged, so you wont need to worry about getting around. Same for going off shopping, most hotels offer a shuttle bus down into areas such as old town or naama bay.

Im sure others will have some more info as I am not yet a seasoned Sharm expert!!

manchester
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which part of sharm el sheikh is best o to stay?

thanks so much... how much would it cost to get onto a private beach? and also which is the most popular area then from all those amongst people?

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which part of sharm el sheikh is best o to stay?

Hi, it does not cost anything to get on a private beach.

The last message you got is very helpful, and Sharks Bay is a lovely place.

3dr time for us at the "Island View" and i can really recommend it, try and read the reviews.

"Soho Square" right outside the hotel which is so nice, lots of shops, places to sit and watch the world go by..... singers...... ice skating ring.... british pub!!

and you can get a taxi to Nama Bay for some "Fun"... (not to my liking getting to old!!)

40 days and counting!

Regards

Sunkisses

4. Re: Which part of sharm el sheikh is best o to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 12:47