We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt, Marriott or Ritz Carlton whats the difference???

West Lancashire
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Hyatt, Marriott or Ritz Carlton whats the difference???

Hiya

We went to HSB 2 years ago during school hols in summer and had a great time but are looking for something a little quieter this time round and a place with fewer children (I am a teacher!!)though we do like children, just not lots, if you know what I mean?!

Anyway we have had prices for 10 days for all of the hotels mentioned and are really hoping that someone can give us some advice on which you would recommend. We are in our mid 30's and like atmosphere, good quality accom & food but we are looking for a relaxing holiday. Happy to be close to Naama bay, so we can pop in for a couple of meals of an evening though we dont have a specific idea for each of the hotels location. All the hotels are within budget, though do appreciate that food etc will be more exp in Ritz Carlton, if anyone could advise on all round value for what we are looking for it would be much appreciated!

Thank you!!

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Hyatt, Marriott or Ritz Carlton whats the difference???

Hi,

Firstly here is a link to a map that will show you where each of the hotels you mention are:

sharm-el-sheikh.ovh.org/mapa_lewa_engl.html

Ritz: 28, Marriott: 88 and Hyatt: 103

The Marriot will definately be the cheapest option as you can just wander along the beach front prom to eat out, much cheaper than eating in the hotel.

Also you won't need to pay for taxis.

The Ritz is within 10 minutes walk of the Mercato mall where there are shops & places to eat, but not as much choice as Naama Bay (which is 10 minutes away in a taxi).

The Hyatt (from what I've read) is pretty expensive for food & drinks, but you are very close to Naama bay, just a few minutes in a Taxi. Walkable for some maybe in the winter months... but not in the heat!!

If money is no object, I would go for the Hyatt as it has a fabulous reef for snorkeling (which is a priority for me!).

Be aware that the Marriot has a "beach-side" on the beach & a "mountain-side" which is across the dual carrigeway so further from the beach.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those three hotels?

Have you read the reviews for each hotel listed on the left of this page?

Good luck in your choice!

MM x

West Lancashire
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Hyatt, Marriott or Ritz Carlton whats the difference???

Arh thank you for your prompt reply. Yes have a had a look at the reviews and the photos. Your info is much appreciated.

We just aren't sure which is best for us. I wish money were no object but we are concious that whilst we want somewhere decent (not overly loud or noisy through the day - does that make me sound dead boring?! ha ha!)we dont want to be paying rediculous prices for food and drink, hubby does like his beers and I do like a few cheeky cocktails! Someone mentioned paying for the regency club in the Hyatt to get drinks served throughout the day. Does anyone know of this?? Is the Hyatt really more expensive that the Ritz Carlton too?

Thanks again!! Keep the info coming!

West Lancashire
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Hyatt, Marriott or Ritz Carlton whats the difference???

Hiya

Does anyone else have any info/preferences as all advice is appreciated. Ideally we would like a place thats not too loud during the day or at least has somewhere that is quieter and has good proximity to restaurants so we at least have choice for where to eat. We stayed in HSB a couple of years ago and went into Naama a couple of times. Is the MArriott right in the centre of the bay or at the end of it...really unsure on this so all help is gratfullky recieved.

Thanks

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
94 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Hyatt, Marriott or Ritz Carlton whats the difference???

Hyatt Regency Club gets you drinks and snacks all day. Can take soft drinks back to your room. There's a cocktail and canape couple of hours every night as well, serve yourself drinks, very civilised. Will be back again in 8 weeks, can't wait!

england
Level Contributor
145 posts
5. Re: Hyatt, Marriott or Ritz Carlton whats the difference???

hi marriott is a much cheaper hotel than hyatt regency and ritz carlton, ive got many guests now in ritz and they all complaining how expensive drinks and food are, for example a bottle of water seems to be 136 le which is absolutely ridiculous, over the road to hotel you have il mercato where there are plenty of places to eat and english bar called stellas, with very good alcohol prices. most ritz guests use this bar for peaceful location and good prices.

England
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
6. Re: Hyatt, Marriott or Ritz Carlton whats the difference???

Hi we stayed at the Marriott mountain it was lovely. The Mountain side was much quieter, especially round the pool very relaxing. We walked over the road in the evenings to walk along the front for the restaurants, plenty of choice.We are off to Sharm tomorrow morning staying at Royal Albatros this time on all inc.

Sharm
Level Contributor
27 posts
7. Re: Hyatt, Marriott or Ritz Carlton whats the difference???

Hi there

What about the Maritim in Naama Bay (used to be the Movenpick)? It has lovely rooms and gardens, it RIGHT in Naama bay - it's along the same line of hotels as the Marriott but is the one directly next to Naama bay pedestian area. It has excellent food and is, like the Marriott, right on the beach with it's own private beach area and right next to everything going on in Naama Bay. It too has separate areas - make sure you book the "Preferred" area as they call it. There's the Sports Area which is across the main Peace Road and the Palm Area which is actually Beach Side but tucked away behind the shopping area of Naama Bay (never actually been in that bit).

8. Re: Hyatt, Marriott or Ritz Carlton whats the difference???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 11:03
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh