We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Over booking / St George Three Corners ?

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
328 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Over booking / St George Three Corners ?

As most people know that are due to go to St. George's, the hotel seems to be well over booked and trying to send people to Kiroseiz.

I have visited their website many times and if you look at bookings for St. George's it was always full, showing a '-' which means 'no space'.

I've been on it today and unless me and my computer have gone mad it's showing quite a bit of space.I checked and checked and refreshed the page etc.

30 May - 17 June = space

18 June - 7 Aug = Full

8 Aug - 17 Sept = space

18 Sept - 15 Nov = full

Hopefully most of us may get our holidays at St. George's after all. Unless they are enjoying filling Kiroseiz at our expense and taking more bookings?

Feel free to check it out and drop a line about your thoughts.

Tracey

Steigenberger Alcazar
Steigenberger Alcazar
#1 of 33 hotels in Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 232 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay
#7 of 232 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
staffs
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Over booking / St George Three Corners ?

Hi Tracy im going to St. George's on 4th of August and was a bit worried about being overbooked so when i payed my balance yesterday i asked thomsons and they said if thats the hotel i booked then thats the hotel i will be staying in and they are not aware of any problems with their bookings at St. George's.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
328 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Over booking / St George Three Corners ?

I haven't heard of anyone that booked through Thomsons that has been moved to a different hotel, so you'll probably not have a problem. It seems to be Thomas Cook and net bookings; various companies that don't book the hotel direct, they book through 'Holiday Bokers'. They seem the ones affected.

I'm due to go the 12th Aug, hopefully see you there!

Tracey x

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
328 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Over booking / St George Three Corners ?

Oops that should be 'Holiday Brokers' not Bokers!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
332 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Over booking / St George Three Corners ?

hi

thomson are moving a lot of people due to the new hotels not opening on time and thomson are full of crap we been moved due to ours still being built and they have got to move us all somewhere we go in 3 weeks,

and thomson told us there was no building work going on,there is building work ok but no one working,

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
328 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Over booking / St George Three Corners ?

Sorry to hear that.

I thought Thomson were the only safe travel agent to be with. Sounds like they are ALL full of sh*t. Just want the sales, then they don't want to know.

Where were you due to stay?

Do you have a choice of hotels to stay in, instead?

Tracey.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
332 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Over booking / St George Three Corners ?

hi tracey

we was due to stay at tropicnan club azure.it was due to open in march and now they say june 19th we only found out what state it was in whent someone put pics on and then everyone was on the phone to thomson and they filled us with so much crap,they said they sent us a letter 13 may to say we was moving to the LTI,still not had the letter yet,most people are not aware till the land at the other end and then find out there no azure built.they send all to lti,they would not let us move anywhere else unless we paid the extra and thats what we did i want to go where i wanted and not where they wanted to send us,we like small palces and the lti is 806 rooms so were now in one with 168 rooms

they also said the hotel was on the beach,a lies its over a duel carriage way,they said no building work was being done thank god some one bought resent pics back with them. and most of all thank god for this site,bless you all for the time and trouble each of you take to keep up the good work as we would not be any wiser with out this site,xx

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
328 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Over booking / St George Three Corners ?

Which hotel is LTI?

Where are you staying now?

I always book smaller hotels as well, with only 2 / 3 floors, it's terrible that they can get away with it.

I agree, this site is brill for finding out up to date info.

Tracey

7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Over booking / St George Three Corners ?

Hi Tracey

We are flying out in the morning, staying at the St George Three Corners with Thomson.

Hopefully we will be staying there!!!!, but as people on here have pointed out, you can get moved right up to the point of check-in.

I will give an update when we get back.

Kevin

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
328 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Over booking / St George Three Corners ?

Have a great time Kevin, I'm sure you'll be fine. Look forward to hearing from you when you get back.

I'm sooooooo jealous. We've got 11 weeks to go!

Tracey

10. Re: Over booking / St George Three Corners ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 14:50
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh