We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concorde el Salam

UK
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Concorde el Salam

We have booked the above hotel for our honeymoon, we were told at the time of booking that we could get an upgrade subject to availabilty - of course. However we would really appreciate some honest feedback regarding the sports part as we have read mixed reviews, the one which concerns us most is that we were advised at the time of booking that the sports is all part of the same complex and yet some reviewers have said that there is a bus that runs there from the main complex, so just how far is it?? also there seems to be issues with flight noise? could someone please give us some honest feedback as this is our honeymoon, the most important holiday we are going to take and we are very concerned at the moment.

Norwich England
Level Contributor
559 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concorde el Salam

Hi Lee, We stayed at the sports side at Xmas 2006 and are going back in 4 weeks time (Easter). We dont usually stay at the same hotel twice but are making an exception this time as we really enjoyed it.

I believe the standard of both hotels is the same, ie spotlessly clean, excellent food and really friendly waiters, pool staff etc.

We used to walk to the beach everday from the sports side and it took us a maximum of 10 mins.

When we were sunbathing by the pool the planes used to fly over but we soon got used to it, we never heard any noise when we were in our room or inside the hotel.

The food by the swimming pool was excellent, (the burgers were to die for). There is an Italian resturuant (really nice food) on the main complex which you can use for breakfast and lunch but you have to pay for the evening meal but you do get a discount.(i believe it is 40%).

When are you going? If it is after Easter then i can update you when we return. I believe you will have a great time,

P.S the snorkelling at the hotels reef is great.

UK
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Concorde el Salam

Thanks for the info, we feel more at ease about the hotel now. We are going in July, so your feedback after your trip at Easter would also be most welcome. Have a good trip.

nottingham
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Concorde el Salam

Hiya I am going again, in June........the hotel is great!

We have always stayed in the main hotel.............I like a sea view when I wake in a morning1

It is clean, beds changed daily, super towel sculptures!!!!

Staff lovely and friendly..............not really got a beach as we know it but there is amazing snorkelling off the jetty................Nemos by the million.

Will tell you more when I get back if you need more info

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Concorde el Salam

The inlaws stayed in the sports side last month and they said that the hotel literally backs onto the side of the airport runway.They showed us the lights of the hotel across the runway from the terminal building.They said that the noise was a pain.

england
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Concorde el Salam

hi my son and his girlfriend stayed at concorde last year .. it will be fab , it was spotlessley clean as well , dont worry , you will have a fab tim e.. we are goig in june , everyone says , it will be 2 hot !!!

Leeds
Level Contributor
356 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Concorde el Salam

We have stayed at the Concorde 4 times and are going for our 5th at Easter, we have always stayed at the main hotel but have been on the sports side, literally over a wide road from each other, and it doesnt seem to be as busy round the pools as the main side. The staff all over the hotel are brilliant and really add to a great experience.

Noise was an issue for us last time we went because of building works going on in neighbouring site, but you don't notice it and will have a great time.

7. Re: Concorde el Salam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 01:49
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations