We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bag or case

uk
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
bag or case

i was just thinking about takeing a large sports bag like one of them what all the football strips go in to what do u think just my sister just came home from turkey yesturday and sgot stung with extra baggage allowance paid 80 pound? just a thought as ive been looking at cases and there all 4.5kg for a decent size one

uk
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
1. Re: bag or case

any1 any ideas

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
95 reviews
2. Re: bag or case

My friend always takes one of them bags on hols. He went for 2 weeks holiday and with all his stuff it weighed 17kilos. He bought it from Costco and it must weigh next to nothing ;-)

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3. Re: bag or case

Hi

I always take a large bag on holiday, and for our luggage we use hard cases to protect my dive gear.

Ian

uk
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
4. Re: bag or case

i think ill take a bag just been talking to my m8 she got stung comeing home from turkey so i dont think ill make that mistake,i thought i would be able to take shoes and hairdryer in my hand luggage but she couldnt take any electricals in her hand luggage evry1 is saying diffrent

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,015 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: bag or case

Hi Ian

I'm surprised you're taking a large 'one' I thought you only liked slim ones and it's not very nice calling your girlfriend names!!!!!! LOL

Regards

Barbara

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
95 reviews
6. Re: bag or case

I flew with Thomson and we were told not to put any electricals in our hand luggage. I never do anyway..can't be bothered carrying everything even though i know it makes my luggage heavier. I do however take my 9 year old and let him carry some of my things for his hand luggage!!! Told him it will help his muscles ;-)

Abingdon
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: bag or case

Personally I never get near to the baggage weight limit, and neither does my girlfriend, and we take our own snorkel gear. I prefer to minimise the amount of stuff we take - the weather is so good you don't need many clothes or shoes, and I don't think I've ever taken "electricals" other than an i pod nano! Sure that I don't ever look like a celebrity, but I'm just chilling on holiday. Take less and reduce the stress!

uk
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
8. Re: bag or case

just got a fab huge bage from tesco and its got wheels its 1.2kg so thats fab 4 weeks to go

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
100 reviews
9. Re: bag or case

Up until recently i used to use an army surplus kit bag.Light,really tough and cheap.No good for delicates unless they are padded and put into the middle though.

10. Re: bag or case

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh