We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent guidance please!

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
208 posts
16 reviews
Urgent guidance please!

Hi

I have been looking at reviews for almost a week now & just can’t make a decision! It will be our first time to Egypt with 3 boys - 12,12 & 11. We want good snorkelling, pools, the best food, 24 hr small bar, beach bar & to be able to walk out to a shop - that more luxurious the better. Would be v grateful for some help as the offers change all the time & I am being so indecisive - have been looking at Titanic, Samra Bay &

Amwaj.

We would like cocktails to be included, ice cream, pop corn & snorkel equipment included would be fab but not bothered about entertainment.

Any replies would be great thank you!

12 replies to this topic
Port Ghalib, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Urgent guidance please!

The only issue you have Hurghada is not renown for Snorkelling except in 2 areas.

Sahl Hasheesh or Makadi Bay.

Sahl Hasheesh is 20 minutes in a taxi to downtown Hurghada.

Makadi Bay even further at 40 minutes.

Sahl Hasheesh has good beaches but very little in the way of night life or shops at all.

Pretty much the same in Makadi Bay.

Hotels in Sahl have a look at Tropitel or Makadi Bay at Sunrise Royal Makadi.

I think your wish list is a little extensive on the Popcorn and ice cream although some will have.

Some have 24 hr bar some don't.

Now if you can get snorkelling out your mind and do it as a day trip then Steigenberger Aqua Magic or Steigenberger Al Dau. If I had to choose then the Al Dau I think the food is better.

Shops outside.

You did say phisher the better and the only thing I don't get is how you list the hotels your choosing as the tip ones.

Amwaj is absolutely in the middle of no where in Soma Bay.

Totally depends how much you want to spend Steigenbergers pricey but with your requirements they might fit the bill.

But drop the snorkelling.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,826 posts
116 reviews
2. Re: Urgent guidance please!

You say - "We would like cocktails to be included, ice cream, pop corn & snorkel equipment included would be fab but not bothered about entertainment."

Cocktails - Non-Alcoholic cocktails may well be included. "Egyptian Alcohol" Cocktails might but I have not seen those offered.

Ice-cream sometimes appears somewhere near the lunchtime Buffet Restaurant and, if you can find it, somewhere mid-afternoon. On complex shop always sells some.

Popcorn - never seen it but not looked for i.

Snorkelling equipment will usually be provided when you have booked a snorkelling session. Very cheap to buy in Hotel shop.

Enjoy

Anthony

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
208 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Urgent guidance please!

Thank you - still stressing!

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
208 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Urgent guidance please!

Fort Arabesque looks good - any comments? Thanks

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
208 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Urgent guidance please!

Thank you - I know it’s ambiguous just so confused - Titanic/Fort Arabesque/Amwaj/Bella Vista or Samra Bay! No idea & if I don’t book tonight it will have changed by tomorrow!

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Urgent guidance please!

Lol you are confused aren't you and you class Samra as 5 star on your wish list?

Are you serious?

Yoi said yoi wanted posher the netter so i see no logic in your choices at all.

I already said Amwaj in Soma Bay miles from anywhere.

You have Bella Vista which is in downtown Hurghada.

Your considering Fort Arabesque and you have Samra on your list?

Sorry but I don't see your logic?

How are you comparing Fort Arabesque to Samra they are in different leagues.

So what about the Steigenbergers if you have 3 boys surely the Aquapark at Aqua Magic they would like?

Close to downtown also and Hard Rock Cafe.

No brainer as far as I am concerned if you can afford Fort Arabesque then you can afford Steigenbergers.

I think you will find kids will prefer a water park than getting your head wrapped in snorkelling.

Like I said Al Dau would be my choice and has the beach and you cross road to sister hotel Aqua Magic and use Aquapark.

Fort Arabesque is nice hotel but your kids will be bored crazy just being honest.

Nice beach but nothing to entertain at night no shops.

You need.to be looking more towards Hurghada and closer to town

That's my opinion but don't understand why you don't look at Steigenbergers.

The hotels you have on your list I can tell you now will not have 24 hr bars or all your high requirements so you are going to have to compromise

This is Egypt.

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
208 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Urgent guidance please!

Thank you - the Stein one isn’t being offered but you seem to say FA is good - the boys have never even done all inc so they will be ok I am sure Just being able to swim & get coke & pizza when they want will make them v happy, Apologies for cluelessness just a bit out of my comfort zone I don’t really do all inc but Europe now too costly looked at the whole a World & hoping Egypt will deliver!

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Urgent guidance please!

Who are you trying to book with?

As in tour operator? Or private?

As in flight hotel separately?

Where are you looking?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
11,071 posts
65 reviews
9. Re: Urgent guidance please!

Hi fijibird

Tropitel in sahl Hasheesh has 24hrs bar for all inclusive guests and is on a very nice beach, it's got snorkeling avalibility and has golf carts and electric cars for the older kids to use.

As mentioned not much outside of hotel accept a long promanade for nice walks, but taxi into town won't be more then £4 per car.

Another hotel would be albatross white beach, it's a new hotel and is very family orientated.

Enjoy your family holiday no matter which hotel you choose ☀️

Edited: 22 April 2018, 11:25
Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
208 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: Urgent guidance please!

Hi All

Thank you for your help - in the end booked Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay as got a good deal with direct flights!

Reply to: Urgent guidance please!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted