We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dahab bound!

Virginia
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
Dahab bound!

We have decided on Dahab for a 3 day stay and would like advice on which part of town is less touristy, we would like a nice hotel but not a generic resort and it would be nice to support locals. Also, suggestions on choosing a dive company. Finally, we have to get to a 3:30 am flight out of Sharm; how do we best do that? Perhaps need to go towards the airport the night before?

Many thanks, TA contributors!

7 replies to this topic
Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Dahab bound!

I would suggest deciding first on the dive centre and then the hotel and then the airport transfers.

There was a thread fairly recently on dive centres in Dahab... https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

Unfortunately it did not bring many responses on dive centres. Best bet is to check diving forums and Facebook pages.

The dive centre will recommend hotels near to it and you can find plenty on booking dot com or on TA - Dahab has loads of small hotels around the Assalah area / village all the way to the Blue Hole... some are very good and some are lousy.

The hotel or the dive centre can arrange the pick up from the airport and the return transfer. If your flight is at 3 a.m. you can easily leave Dahab at 11.00 pm - 11.30 pm - the road is good and the journey takes kess than an hour.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Dahab bound!

Swiss- so you would recommend staying in Dahab the night before a flight that early? I was reading a thread about how some taxi drivers won't make the trip to Sharm in the dark.

Nuweiba
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Dahab bound!

Yes I would recommend exactly. I don't know where you read that - but it simply is not true. You will always find plenty of drivers in Dahab who will do the trip - and do do the trip because of the Turkish flights and other flights that come in and out in the early hours of the morning.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Dahab bound!

Thank you Swiss! Appreciate the confirmation.

Virginia
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
5. Re: Dahab bound!

We left Dahab in the middle of the night and it worked out fine. Also, Big Blue was a great company to dive with.

Nuweiba
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Dahab bound!

Thanks for the update Julie.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Dahab bound!

Yeah, thanks for setting my mind at ease, Julie. Now to narrow down to a dive shop haha.

Reply to: Dahab bound!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dahab