We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip from Dahab to Petra

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
trip from Dahab to Petra

Is it possible to book a reliable one day Petra trip staying in Dahab? For what price? Are the local travel agents OK?

3 replies to this topic
Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: trip from Dahab to Petra

In general, yes they are OK and on a par with other parts of the country. But they do use Jordanian tour companies to get you from the border with Eilat to Petra or from Aqaba Port if coming by ferry. Personally I would not recommend a day trip... two or three night tours allow you to see Petra in much greater depth, whilst a day trip allows just 3 hours or so, and works out more economical.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: trip from Dahab to Petra

Thank you for the prompt reply. Are there any particular tour operators you can recommend?

Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: trip from Dahab to Petra

Sorry but I do not really go n for recommendations... but my advice remains stay in Petra for more than one night. You could easily make your own way to Aqaba and take a Jordanian tour company so maybe you should also look on the Aqaba / Petra forums under Jordan.

Reply to: trip from Dahab to Petra
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations