We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a scenic bus/coach route from Dahab to Cairo?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Is there a scenic bus/coach route from Dahab to Cairo?

I am planning take a 10 days tour from Cairo which ends in Dahab. This will be end of January 2019 but I have 3 more days to go back to Cairo to catch my flight.

Is there a scenic route to Cairo by public land transport like a bus?

Any sites that I ought to pay a visit in the surrounding areas, e.g Eilat (Isreal) or others?

2 replies to this topic
Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Is there a scenic bus/coach route from Dahab to Cairo?

All the bus routes from Dahab to Cairo take the same route, i.e. Sharm, Tor, Ras Sudr, through the tunnel and then along the Suez - Cairo Road. From Nuweiba the buses go via St Catherine or the same route as a Dahab.

Journey times are between 7 - 10 hours. Quite scenic up to the tunnel. But you will have seen most of the route anyway on your way to a Dahab. I presume you are planning visiting St Catherine.

The road from Dahab to Taba is quite dramatic.

Edited: 07 July 2018, 23:23
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
2. Re: Is there a scenic bus/coach route from Dahab to Cairo?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am trying to visit Petra and Wudi Rum. Just googling it and I realized that Ihave to cross 2 borders. It seems a to be a challenge. (1) Is there anyway to make it easier? I understand there is ferry crossing. (2) Shall I go from Nuweiba, Taba or another port? (3) Do you have some rough ideas how much it costs for a return ferry trip?

I have 2 passports and one of them allows me to go through Israel without a visa. (4) Is there a different route to come back to Cairo to catch my flight without back tracking my journey and see new things?

Reply to: Is there a scenic bus/coach route from Dahab to Cairo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dahab