We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unmarried couples in dahab

1 post
1 review
Unmarried couples in dahab

Hello , my boyfriend and I are going to dahab on May , we are going to book 2 separated rooms , is there any hotel allow unmarried couples to book single rooms ? Will the hotel manager or receptionist annoy us ? We both have Egyptian ID and passports .thanks

57 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Unmarried couples in dahab

My guess is that they will give you rooms as far away from each other as possible. They will also keep a close eye on you so you won't go to each others rooms.

You are Egyptian so I am guessing you would know what sort of reception you will receive from the staff.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,022 posts
75 reviews
2. Re: Unmarried couples in dahab

Beez, didn't bother replying to this earlier. They full-well know the law better than we do.....

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,994 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Unmarried couples in dahab

Dahab is Bedouin territory would they care ? I suggest you find a local hotel owned/operated by Bedouin.

Swisscare-Nuweiba would know.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Unmarried couples in dahab

Surreyscouse I wondered why no one answered lol.

Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Unmarried couples in dahab

Yasmine A - two different accounts with the same name : both going to Dahab but one as a single and one as an unmarried couple.

To be honest, I would not like to suggest any particular hotel that offers shared accommodation in Egypt for local unmarried couples as it is usually done quite under the radar as it is indeed illegal. But there are some... not just Dahab, but also Nuweiba, Taba, Sharm, Hurghada and elseshere. But if you ask your friends you will get names of establishments who turn a blind eye or who are extremely strict about it.

Bear in mind, that if you are both driving down alone in one car to Dahab you will suffer more rigorous, zealous checks at the many check points.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
12,184 posts
65 reviews
6. Re: Unmarried couples in dahab

I remember a hotel in Sharm called Delta Sharm Resort , this hotel was notorious for turning a blind eye, but this was early 2000s when I use to stay there ...😉

Edited: 16 January 2018, 12:24
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Unmarried couples in dahab

Hi. My friend is married to an Egyptian but through a bit of dispute 🤪 tore her certificate up. Unable to get it again on time for her trip She was allowed to stay in the Diana in dahab (above cocoa bar ) and also I believe the Cinderella facing the sea front a bit further along from sand beach. Not fantastic accommodation but ok 😝

2 posts
1 review
8. Re: Unmarried couples in dahab

Why separate rooms unless that's what you want. Just pretend you are married. They wont ask for proof.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,022 posts
75 reviews
9. Re: Unmarried couples in dahab

Rob, BAD idea. If the staff are on the ball, which they are 'sharp as a knife' and they get reported to the Tourist Police.....

Both Egyptian nationals too?

Expect the full force of the law.

They should know that mate.

Edited: 17 January 2018, 20:22
Dahab
Level Contributor
149 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: Unmarried couples in dahab

Hello Yasmine,

You can rent some apartments as an unmarried couple.

Please message me if you would like more details.

Thanks

Fiona

Reply to: Unmarried couples in dahab
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dahab