We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Galapagos Habitat Hotel now called Blu Galapagos?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
446 reviews
493 helpful votes
Is Galapagos Habitat Hotel now called Blu Galapagos?
Save

Hi helpful people, a few months ago we booked our trip to Equador and the Galapagos for March next year. Originally we hoped to stay at the Galapagos Habitat Hotel in Puerto Ayora, but then I found it was closed, apparently due to a legal dispute, and TA is still showing across the top of Habitat's page that it is closed until March 2023. We therefore booked into Ikala Galapagos instead.

However the photos of Blu Galapagos look to be the same place and the street address is the same. Has the hotel reopened under new ownership and a new name or are they neighbours? Thinking about asking to change hotels, as Blu/Habitat looks to be in a great location on the waterfront and I gather sealions enjoying the decking!

Thank you in advance.

2 replies to this topic
Southport, North...
Level Contributor
65 posts
178 reviews
77 helpful votes
1. Re: Is Galapagos Habitat Hotel now called Blu Galapagos?
Save

I’m pretty sure you are correct. We were in Puerto Ayora a month ago and coming out of the Charles Darwin research center, walking down Charles Darwin Avenue, I took a picture of the Blu sign and it also advertised the Almar restaurant. But I hope you can verify through someone who knows for sure. email them or the Almar restaurant (the restaurant has an email address on their website) or maybe use WHATSAPP.

Good luck.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
39 posts
86 reviews
124 helpful votes
2. Re: Is Galapagos Habitat Hotel now called Blu Galapagos?
Save

We were also booked to stay at Galapagos Habitat for this August. Our tour company changed us to Finch Bay instead. I would rather stay at Blu, looking at the pictures - especially if it really is the Galapagos Habitat.

Reply to: Is Galapagos Habitat Hotel now called Blu Galapagos?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted