We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Cristobal tours

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
38 reviews
12 helpful votes
San Cristobal tours
Save

Hello im going to Galapagos for two weeks and I see a lot of advice about waiting to book tours to save money. My question is do the tour offices in puerto ayora take bookings for San Cristobal day tours? I don’t want to cut it that close and miss the trips I want to do

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
215 posts
38 reviews
31 helpful votes
1. Re: San Cristobal tours
Save

This doesn't answer your question, but although a lot of people advise to wait until you get there to book to save money, not everyone agrees with that advice (I don't). I guess if you really don't care what you do, and you are very flexible, and/or if you will be on each island for a really long time, maybe that approach works. But I had very specific tours I wanted to do on specific days, so I booked ahead. When we were in the tour operator's shop getting fitted for wetsuits for our excursion, a woman came in, desperately looking for an opening on a Punta Pitt excursion before she had to leave Galapagos. She said she'd already been all over town and everything was booked. Our tour operator advised that she was also booked and the woman left, disappointed. I couldn't help but wonder why, if this particular tour was so important to her, she hadn't booked ahead. Possibly hoping to save a few bucks--a very small percentage of her overall trip? To each their own, of course, but I wanted to let you know what I saw happen. I'd hate for you to miss out on something high on your list.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
13,698 posts
111 reviews
133 helpful votes
2. Re: San Cristobal tours
Save

Totally agree with SaS. Book the tours you are especially keen to do ahead of time; not every tour runs every day. You can play it by ear for the rest of your days there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
38 reviews
12 helpful votes
3. Re: San Cristobal tours
Save

I have more than a week on Santa Cruz so I was wondering if I could book there because it’s still a week ahead not a day or two. Just wondering if the tour offices offer it at all. Thanks

Level Contributor
226 posts
27 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: San Cristobal tours
Save

Well, if you're coming in low season you could get booked last minute. July and August are high season and you should be booking now.

Reply to: San Cristobal tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.