We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any place to store our luggage for a few hours?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
29 posts
any place to store our luggage for a few hours?
Save

We will take the morning ferry from San Cristobal to Santa Cruz, and then the afternoon ferry from Santa Cruz to Isabela. I have about 6 hours between the two ferries, and would like to do some sightseeing.

Is there a place near the ferry pier that we can storage our luggage for a few hours? We do not want to drag the luggage around.

Many thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: any place to store our luggage for a few hours?
Save

I will be in a similar situation. Coming from a dive boat that ends in Baltra in the morning, and have to take an afternoon ferry to San Cristobal. A simple Google search showed me that as of 6 years ago, there's no such thing: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297533-i9895-k8195881-Storage_lockers_in_Puerto_Ayora-Puerto_Ayora_Santa_Cruz_Galapagos_Islands.html

May be it has changed now, or alternatively if you're going on a Santa Cruz tour with a private driver that's also the one guiding the tour, you could store your luggage in his/her car.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
18 reviews
21 helpful votes
2. Re: any place to store our luggage for a few hours?
Save

Dear Feil,

I'm not familiar with any such place. I would likely just approach a nearby shop-keeper and ask if they would keep my luggage "in the back", and offer to pay $10 or so for their trouble. That's how things work in Galapagos.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Cumbaya, Ecuador
Level Contributor
259 posts
12 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: any place to store our luggage for a few hours?
Save

Hello Fiel

There is a local tour guide ( naturalist ) that offer this service in Pto Ayora , her name is Indy Flores galapagohopping@gmail.com, I think they charge $4 per bag and can keep on an storage few block from the pier. She can also help you with the visits in town

Good luck

Paul Bustos

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
29 posts
4. Re: any place to store our luggage for a few hours?
Save

Hi, Heather and Paul,

Thanks for the info. I will follow your recommendations.

-Fei

Reply to: any place to store our luggage for a few hours?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Ayora
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.