We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best tour for (er....) nonswimmer!

Level Contributor
22 posts
Best tour for (er....) nonswimmer!
Save

Hi, I'll be traveling to San Cristobal with my daughter (living in Salinas) and my husband. While she is fairly adventurous, my husband is not going to be comfortable snorkeling. Most tours, of course, focus on snorkeling or diving. He is, however, into fishing and hiking. Are there any day tours that you might recommend that would include snorkeling but also an activity (like fishing or hiking ) for our nonswimmer? Would a tour to Espanola be better than Kicker Rock (for example). Thanks so much for your recommendations!

3 replies to this topic
Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
229 posts
110 reviews
67 helpful votes
1. Re: Best tour for (er....) nonswimmer!
Save

Well, I can’t swim at all, but snorkeled happily in wetsuit and safety west…

Most cruises will have snorkeling once or twice a day, and some land based activity. If you miss out on all water excursions, not sure it’s worth paying the price - maybe land based tour is more for you?

Level Contributor
22 posts
2. Re: Best tour for (er....) nonswimmer!
Save

I'm thinking maybe a tour that combines snorkeling and fishing ... Does anyone know how rough the water is early July? Thanks so much!

Level Contributor
231 posts
27 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Best tour for (er....) nonswimmer!
Save

None of the tours that you mentioned include snorkeling and fishing, you can't fish by Española or Kicker Rock. Usually you have a hiking and snorkeling activity. I think your family will enjoy Española a lot and your daughter can do the tour to Kicker Rock on her own. That's a must do if she's adventurous.

The waters will be rough in July and the ride to Española is quite long so you want to go there onboard a comfortable yacht.

Good luck!

Reply to: Best tour for (er....) nonswimmer!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Cristobal