We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi @ Ballys Diamond Lounge?

East Coast, USA
Level Contributor
361 posts
Save Topic
Wifi @ Ballys Diamond Lounge?

I called Ballys to check on my reservation and asked if the Diamond Lounge had wifi. After some pounding on the keyboard the woman on the phone said that they do.

Can anyone confirm this? I've been told no every time I've asked in the past, but it's been a while.

TC

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,731 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi @ Ballys Diamond Lounge?

having a wifi signal is not the same as providing free wifi. so when the woman on the phone said they had wifi, it's difficult to say with any degree of certainty what that means.

i can't say for sure that the lounge has a wifi signal, but if it does, i'll bet dollars to doughnuts that it's not free. in other words, you'll probably find the same global suite sign-in screen that you do in the hotel guest rooms.

if you're staying at the hotel, and have already paid to use wifi in your room, you'll probably be OK. if not, there probably is no access without paying the hefty fee for 24 hours of use.

all of this is wild conjecture and purely speculative on my part. i've never tried to connect from any diamond lounge in AC.

East Coast, USA
Level Contributor
361 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi @ Ballys Diamond Lounge?

Confirmed that the diamond lounge does NOT have wifi. Neither does Starbucks at the Pier shops. However, it's available at the Starbucks at The Walk.

Wifi is $13/24 hours in the room.

If you'd like to see pics of and from the wonderful Ballys tower you can check em here. http://eastcoastgambler.posterous.com/

TC

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,731 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi @ Ballys Diamond Lounge?

the game on sports bar at the pier has free wifi; it's usually accessible from the adirondack chairs just outside its entrance, so you don't even have to go in the restaurant. one-time sign-up and registration is required, but after that access is simple.

i think the small starbucks at trump plaza has wifi... i haven't tried it, but i've seen people in there with computers. i'm assuming they were online, as they were there for a long time, but i can't say for sure.

new jersey
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi @ Ballys Diamond Lounge?

ballys seems to charge for everything pool too geeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NE Pa
Level Contributor
335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wifi @ Ballys Diamond Lounge?

Good info UK. Thanks.

East Coast, USA
Level Contributor
361 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wifi @ Ballys Diamond Lounge?

UK, as per my starbucks iphone app the walk is the only starbucks w/wifi. Good point about game on...forgot about that. Have to remember that for next trip to the boardwalk.

TV

Stafford, VA
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wifi @ Ballys Diamond Lounge?

are you sure the Starbucks does not have wifi? I sat in there and my emails downloaded fine on my Itouch, but I guess the may have downloaded walking past gameon. The Apple Store had wifi too

8. Re: Wifi @ Ballys Diamond Lounge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2011, 10:48