We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
93 reviews
New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor

Hi,

Is there a link or previous post about the Ocean Resorts Players Lounge ? If not can someone provided a quick review ?

Thanks

11 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor

I was there a few weeks ago. It is too small and you have to climb over people to get into and out of your seat. It is nothing like Amphora in the Borgata. It's not a meal, it's snacks. They were terrible when I was there. Chicken nuggets, Mac and cheese, overly soggy career salad, overly salty broccoli, and a few bad desserts. Drinks were good. I won't go back to Ocean's because it was so bad. I'll stick with the Borgata. Hope this helps.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
540 posts
2. Re: New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor

Is this the lounge that's closest to the Boardwalk, or the lounge that's in the high limit room?

The lounge in the high limit room has bar-top VP. I've never seen that in a players' lounge before, I didn't even think it was legal...I thought all gaming had to be open to the public.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 05:54
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor

The high limit room had even less food. Some veggies with dip and a sandw ich.

Washington
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor

I think I might have been there at the Players Lounge the same day when Donna was there; the exact same things were being offered. I'd also visited this Lounge the day after, the food offerings having been much better, but still didn't come even close to the Amphora Lounge at Borgata which is 15X better & more spacious. Either case, give it a try; however & quite honestly, you wouldn't be missing out on very much if you didn't visit the Lounge.

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
93 reviews
5. Re: New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor

Was at the Players Lounge on Wednesday , Aug 8 , between noon and 2:00 +/-. The atmosphere was very lively, a number of people qualified for the Player Club , until the end of Sept, based on the Tier match. As Donna K said, the tables were a bit crowded and for many, this was their first Players Club Experience. I have never been to the Borgata (the Amphora Lounge at Borgata which is 15X better & more spacious.). While we were there, the small buffet, had Chicken Marsala, Mashed Potatoes, Penne Pasta with Vegetables, a white fish offering, .large Peel you own Shrimp, green beans, Caesar Salad, a small dessert offering ( mini cake offerings and Blueberry Cobbler). We had a few drinks ( coffer and after lunch alcohol drinks). Our server was very good and had short pleasant conversations with a number of customers. For a brief snack/lunch to break up a gambling afternoon/early evening, I think it would be enjoyable for many people. If you are in the area and eligible, I definitely give it a shot .

Newport News
Level Contributor
701 posts
6. Re: New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor

Diddo with chico39's statements. I was there on Aug 9 after 2 PM. It was crowded which is understandable since it's the promotion period. Similar menu as chico39 said. Hard Rock wants $10 comp after the first free entry (printed voucher). Both lounges are fairly similar except the one at Hard Rock is smaller thus with less food.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
933 posts
7. Re: New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor

Question...is the lounge for platinum or black or both cards? And any cover charge to enter? Thanks

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
93 reviews
8. Re: New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor

I know that black card eligibility has no fees associated with it ( no cover no drink charge). I am not sure of the Platinum but this is from the Ocean Web Site

""At the Platinum tier which ranges from 15,000 to 74,999 tier credits, customers will receive all benefits of the Blue and Gold tiers in addition to room upgrades, automatic 2x comp opportunities every day, access to the Ocean Premier player’s lounge""

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
933 posts
9. Re: New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor

Found some info on website...free entry for black level card holders but $10 comps for platinum members...black level can bring 3 guests and platinum members can bring 1 only

New York, NY
Level Contributor
633 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor

I also matched to platinum. Anyone know how long that match is good for?

Reply to: New to Platimun - What is Prem Player Lounge at Ocean Resor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted