We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check in at Hard Rock - Earlier than 4:00 p.m. ?

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
93 reviews
Check in at Hard Rock - Earlier than 4:00 p.m. ?

Has check in a few hours early been allowed at HR if you have not specifically requested Early check in ? Anyone with experience on this issue yet.

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
pennsylvania
Level Contributor
891 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Check in at Hard Rock - Earlier than 4:00 p.m. ?

I read on their site a while ago there was a charge for early check in. When we went on a Thursday we arrived around 9:30/10:00 am and they let us check in and there was no early Check in fee charged.

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
8,306 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Check in at Hard Rock - Earlier than 4:00 p.m. ?

Most hotels do have early check-in fees, but if rooms are available they're often waived.

However, they do keep tabs on this stuff...if everyone tells everyone else they can check in early and it becomes an issue, the hotels may clamp down on it and start charging. I watched this happen in Vegas...people were complaining they were being charged for early check ins, claiming it's not their fault that they got there early (even though they're the ones that booked the flights that had them arrive in Vegas in the morning!)

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
507 posts
135 reviews
3. Re: Check in at Hard Rock - Earlier than 4:00 p.m. ?

I talked to reservations today and questioned their check in policy. A "guaranteed" early checkin has a charge of $35, but if you just want to take a chance and they have the rooms ready, it will be no charge. In other words, if you don't pay and arrive early, and if there are no rooms ready, you will have to wait until regular check-in time.

Paramus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
4. Re: Check in at Hard Rock - Earlier than 4:00 p.m. ?

We arrived at 1pm this past Friday( Aug 3), our comped room was available at no extra charge for early check.

If your going to HR beach on the weekend, be prepared unless you get there very early, they ran out of chairs, umbrellas, even towels. Very disorganized, they need help at the beach.

The indoor pool is open, but filled with young children.

No outdoor pool.

Otherwise, really liked the HR!

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
93 reviews
5. Re: Check in at Hard Rock - Earlier than 4:00 p.m. ?

Thanks folks,

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Check in at Hard Rock - Earlier than 4:00 p.m. ?

What time is very early? What time do they open for chairs, etc?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Check in at Hard Rock - Earlier than 4:00 p.m. ?

EARLIER? Good luck.. was there this weekend and we checked in at 6:04 p.m. just to be told our room wasn't ready! And the check in agent was quite rude about it. And if you want extra towels, order them before you arrive. Ours came as we were heading out the door for dinner. It's a good thing we had our beach towels with us.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
891 posts
30 reviews
8. Re: Check in at Hard Rock - Earlier than 4:00 p.m. ?

The first day ( Thursday) I was there I went down to the beach around 2pm and there were available chairs. I was told to get there early if I wanted chairs for the morning. So next day I went at 9:30am. I think they open 8:30. I had no problem at 9:30 but by 11ish there were non available. Then around 2pm a lot were Coming available.

Reply to: Check in at Hard Rock - Earlier than 4:00 p.m. ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted