We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showers near the boardwalk?

Lancaster PA
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Showers near the boardwalk?

I'm looking for a place to shower at the end of the day, and I want a full on shower, not an outdoor one where you can only rinse sand. I am willing to pay for a pass to hotel or spa, but I am having trouble finding a place that offers this service. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
21,852 posts
290 reviews
1. Re: Showers near the boardwalk?

Link below for info on public restrooms & showers.

cityofasburypark.com/category/…

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,276 posts
118 reviews
2. Re: Showers near the boardwalk?

There has been an off the boardwalk place that offered showers, changing places, hammocks, etc. for $10. per day. Located at the beginning of Cookman Ave. behind the old carousel building. But, trying to find it on google has brought up nothing. Next time I go out I'll drive by and see if it is open this year.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,276 posts
118 reviews
3. Re: Showers near the boardwalk?

I drove by the off the boardwalk site today and it seems that it is no longer open.

new jersey
Level Contributor
118 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Showers near the boardwalk?

That's a shame--I've used that place in the past and it was great--I wonder what happened to it?

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,276 posts
118 reviews
5. Re: Showers near the boardwalk?

It is now a place for touring bands to rest :

"A new space called Outpost offers touring artists a place to rest – free of charge.

Self-described as a “sophisticated rest stop,” Outpost is 1,000-square feet of space outfitted with many items to help artists recharge, including a free general store and much more.

“They can do laundry, which artists never get to do on tour. They can do a little bit of yoga meditation and recharge, and, of course, in Asbury Park, one of the best things to do is chill out in Asbury, which is so hip now and such an emerging area,” Outpost creator Ruthie Schulder said. “This outpost location is in partnership with iStar, one of the major developers here in the Asbury Park Waterfront.”

6. Re: Showers near the boardwalk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2018, 03:48
Get answers to your questions about Asbury Park