We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English tv

Bogota, Colombia
1 post
English tv

Is there tv channels or programs in english

4 replies to this topic
Cali, Colombia
Level Contributor
835 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: English tv

That depends upon the TV provider one has and also upon the package one has for TV from them. Some programs are available in both Spanish and in English and one can change back and forth, by pushing a button on the Remote Control.

Some properties have Fox News Channel in English from the USA or CNN International which is from Hong Kong or London in English.

Cali, Colombia
Level Contributor
835 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: English tv

Follow-on: My wife said that when we had Directv Colombia that any of the programs that were also available in English, that she could switch the language. Now, we have Movistar (the Basic package) and she said there are some shows that are also available in English and that she can change the language. I suspect quite a few more on Directv Colombia, but also far more expensive each month...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: English tv

The international hotels often have some english channels for their guests if you are staying in one of those. I think some of the colombian hotels I stayed at had an english channel or two although those tended to be mainly news channels and most other channels were in spanish only. Years ago BBC would be on all the hotel televisions when I traveled but now it seems like CNN International has become much more common. It could just be the result of the chains I am staying in I guess.

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
16 posts
4. Re: English tv

Basic cable not much, but every now and then, CNN, Cinemax and every Monday Night on Fox is Walking Dead in English with Spanish subtitles.

Reply to: English tv
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted