We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best areas to stay in Medellin

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Best areas to stay in Medellin

What is the best area to stay in Medellin - close to restaurants, cafes, museums?

Colombia
Level Contributor
4,944 posts
197 reviews
1. Re: Best areas to stay in Medellin

Your best area to stay is the Provenza or Patio Bonito or Santa Fe area of Poblado. Here you are close to all the Restaurants, bars and shopping centres. You can take taxis to the Museums and sights (or the Metro). There is also a hop on hop off bus that departs from Park Poblado.

Another area you could consider is Envigado. Around Jardines is really nice, which is a new area full of restaurants. I am not sure about hotels here though, i do know a hostel has opend up in the area. You will have better luck with hotels around Poblado.

Another area, that I used to bag, however is sort of up and coming is around Ciudad Del Rio. There is an Ibis hotel here, and the advantage is you are right next to the Museum of Modern Art (not really a reason to stay there I guess); there is a new food hall with bars and restaurants, you are very close to Premium Plaza shopping centre and you are also very close to Barrio Colombia, which is a bar and nightlife district and there is a flea market there once a month. This is still not an area I would stay myself, however may suit people who want to get out of Poblado.

Since your photo seems to be a family one, I am guessing you will be looking for a hotel and nice area, so I would choose Poblado.

Edited: 02 December 2016, 16:53
CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Medellin
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
99 reviews
2. Re: Best areas to stay in Medellin

Ibis is a pretty good choice - you can walk to clubs like Trilogia , 4 blocks from the metro , the new eateries have opened right across the street in the food hall, and its cheaper than most hotels in Poblado yet still pretty nice - rooms are a bit small though.

Poblado is your best bet - but knowing your budget would be a help when making suggestions.

Envigado needs a hotel - simply none there, big sector to have nada.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Best areas to stay in Medellin

Thank you! This is very helpful. We are a family, and would prefer a suite. Our budget is up to $100/night. We are considering airbnb, the Blux. Any thoughts on that one? Thanks.

Colombia
Level Contributor
4,944 posts
197 reviews
4. Re: Best areas to stay in Medellin

Blux is a fantastic building. Really nice, quiet area near to a green park. There are some shops just above as well, across the highway. Pool on the 5th floor.

Only downside is that I think it has a lot of rentals in it.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Medellin
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
99 reviews
5. Re: Best areas to stay in Medellin

Try the Affinity Hotel - next to Oviedo mall - very nice area, it is more like a condo - you get 2 bedrooms , 2 bath and a kitchen , balcony with great views and free breakfast - about $100/night

Atlanta
Level Contributor
17 posts
480 reviews
6. Re: Best areas to stay in Medellin

We just returned from Medellin and stayed at Sites Hotel in the Patio Bonito area. Not sure if they have suites, but our room (king for 2) was $99 and that included breakfast. There is a rooftop pool (beautiful) and amazing views of the city. We could walk to El Poblado stations (10-15 mins) and there is a nearby grocery store (Exito). There is a pizza place across the street and Mexican food next door. Rooms at Sites include a fridge and kitchenette. We had a great experience there. Nothing fancy, but very comfortable and the staff was super helpful.

Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
7. Re: Best areas to stay in Medellin

I was living in Medellin for a month, and rented a place in Laureles. Less expensive than living in Poblado but equally as safe and expat-friendly, but with a more local vibe and less of a party scene.

8. Re: Best areas to stay in Medellin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2017, 17:05
Edited: 02 March 2017, 17:05
9. Re: Best areas to stay in Medellin

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2017, 17:05
10. Re: Best areas to stay in Medellin

Removed on: 22 January 2017, 00:05