We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked Occidental Grand Cartagena

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
19 reviews
Booked Occidental Grand Cartagena

Just booked on the weekend after reading a very positive review and pictures which I happened upon. We are leaving early from Toronto onJanuary 16th - just the two of us this time. Because there aren't many reviews we were a little nervous. Anyone going sooner that that, please write a review when you get back. Anyone else going to be there then?

calgary
Level Contributor
69 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Booked Occidental Grand Cartagena

We are going in Feb, group of 4. Looks promising! Would love to hear about hotel & trip when you ge back. Sorry for no advice!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Booked Occidental Grand Cartagena

Hey gizmo123

I'll certainly post a review upon my return. It looks pretty decent and love the shuttles that go into town. Anyone else going in December or early January, please post your thoughts. I count on the reviews and pictures when booking a vacation and feel like we're going in a little blind on this one. Thanks.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Booked Occidental Grand Cartagena

I am planning to go on Feb 6...reviews seem good . Same hotel. Anyone else that week ? maybe we can share an early 7:30 am cab to the old town..before it's hot .

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Booked Occidental Grand Cartagena

just spoke with a local girl in a chatroom. she said hotel is in seemingly nice area; however, she said that after the dark not to stick out my nose outside the hotel as the surrounding area (village/suburb) is quite crime ridden.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Booked Occidental Grand Cartagena

ah thanks, good to know.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Booked Occidental Grand Cartagena

I think I will look for something closer to the old city. And the Sunquest tour out of Toronto has some other choices available. Anyone been at the other hotels they offer ?

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
140 reviews
7. Re: Booked Occidental Grand Cartagena

I think you will be happy that you made the choice to stay in town. It's an amazing city you will have so much more time to experience it if you are staying in town. I've stayed at Caribe twice and enjoyed it. I haven't stayed at the Decameron but know people who have and they enjoyed it as well.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Booked Occidental Grand Cartagena

Thanks everyone for your advice. Now waiting for more reviews. We do plan on being in town several times but also enoy relaxing at the resort as well so it seems like it will all be good. If we love Cartagena, we'll be back for sure and recommend to all our friends.

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: Booked Occidental Grand Cartagena

We are booked for January 23 to January 30th. Anyone else going to be there then? Anyone going before? Please post review..........

Lucknow Ontaro
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Booked Occidental Grand Cartagena

We are Booking for Jan 19th ..and looking forward to this I will def write a great review for anyone who is travelling after we actully know a group going in Feb. also. Msg me if u would like me to collect anything for u,info wise and All take lots of pictures if there is something you wish to see Or can do Hd video. Excited for this country!