We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Gand Cartagena

Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Occidental Gand Cartagena

Does anyone know if the Occidental Grand Cartagena has officially opened and received guests.

It apparently just opened July 2011 , however, we have not seen anything about it, nor read reviews from anyone who has been there.

Any information would be appreciated

cartagena
Level Contributor
75 posts
1. Re: Occidental Gand Cartagena

Here is the site : www.occidentalhotels.com/grand/Cartagena.asp

Boston...
2 posts
2. Re: Occidental Gand Cartagena

Just made reservations for a few nights...if it really is everything it appears to be perhaps I will just extend our stay. Sounds like a little piece of paradise!

Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Occidental Gand Cartagena

Yes, I have already looked at that website...websites can sometimes be very misleading. I was hoping to have someone who is in Cartagena that can say it is actually opened for business and know that people are staying there already.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Occidental Gand Cartagena

Bacanao Lives in Cartagena I believe he was the 1st to answer your post.

Maybe he can have a look see...Playa

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
140 reviews
5. Re: Occidental Gand Cartagena

Just so you know, this hotel is quite a distance outside of Cartagena. It is probably at least a 20 - 30 minute from the old city. It is close to a small fishing village called Manzanillo.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Occidental Gand Cartagena

does it have 24/hr all inclusive all inclusive(drinks, bars,e tc)? or no?

C G
Montreal, Canada
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Occidental Gand Cartagena

Do you know about the beach? Is it a nice one? I've heard that beaches are not terrific in Cartagena, and that the nicest beach is located at Las Americas Resort. Is it true? and what about the beach at the Occidental Grand... do you know what it looks like? The website of the Occidental Grand is gorgeous.... but there is no photo of the beach.....

Thanks in advance!

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Occidental Gand Cartagena

Can't speak for the Occ Grand or it's beach but I have been to Manzanillo beach it's ok nothing special.The usuall beach vendors were present eg;messages,fish frys. ect.helped the fisherman drag in their net.

The ocean/beach at Manzanillo still isn't my idea of what i expect in the Caribe .bjsabina is our go to girl when it comes to current info on Cartagena.I think she nailed it "20-30min from the old city."The Old city is where you want to hang day/night with the flavor of the old Spanish main. Liesure strolls along the fort or a horse drawn carrige to take in the sights,smells & sounds of this historic city.Watch the sunset & rub shoulders with the gente bonita on top of the fort at Cafe del Mar after that hit any of the many superb restuaurants.

Then finish it off busting some moves(salsa) at Donde Fidel,La Bodeguita del Medio or Cafe Havana.If it's beaches you grave head out to Playa Blanca

(Is.Baru) & Islas Rosario for a snorkle.

Enjoy a... Playa4u

lonelyplanet.com/colombia/…things-to-do

Edited: 07 September 2011, 09:38
Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Occidental Gand Cartagena

ps sorry I left out Marcela you can look up her many TA posts on Cartagena

tripadvisor.com/members-forums/colombiatrave… or fallow

her/friends great Colombia travel blog.

http://seecolombia.travel/blog/

Edited: 07 September 2011, 09:54
Ottawa
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: Occidental Gand Cartagena

did you go, I am looking at that hotel and would appreciate comments.

Get answers to your questions about Cartagena