We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How gay friendly is Cartagena for two gay women?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
How gay friendly is Cartagena for two gay women?

I am thinking of having a holiday in Cartagena followed by some time in another part of Colombia which is more beach orientated.

I would be travelling with my partner (we are two women) and would like to know how gay friendly Cartagena is and where anybody could recommend for a holiday then relaxing on a beach please?

Not that I or anybody on here stereotypes but we generally look straight (i.e. we are feminine ladies) but would like to be a little bit of affectionate sometimes (on the beach), in the evenings after a few drinks etc and just wondered how accepting Colombians would be?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: How gay friendly is Cartagena for two gay women?

Cartagena VERY GLB friendly old town and the beach

Casa le Fe Studio 54 many othere great places...

passportmagazine.com/destinations/…

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
208 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: How gay friendly is Cartagena for two gay women?

Totally friendly and you both will love it!

Abrazos and have fun!

Marcela

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
3. Re: How gay friendly is Cartagena for two gay women?

Hi London girl, I saw you post and I was wondering if you went to Cartagena and how was it?. My partner and I (we're gay too) were planning to travel to Mexico but since it's very late and cannot find any thing that we feel can be trusted we changed our minds and decided to go to Cartagena. Did you like it? How was the beaches if you went to any? Is it safe, would you be kind and let me know?. We are also from London, We live in Duwlich and work in the city. I would really apreciate all the help. Kind regards. Nelson ( thetruth)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4. Re: How gay friendly is Cartagena for two gay women?

I haven't been to Cartagena yet .... not going till the end of the year. I have been informed there is a gay place called Studio 54 in Cartagena which I will try.

Does anybody know what this place is like?

Also I think there is beach where a lot of gay people go to .... I think it's locally known as the Hollywood Beach and it's near the Hilton hotel.

Am I correct? Have I got that right with the beach anyone? Is it popular with gay people?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: How gay friendly is Cartagena for two gay women?

That's what I've heard... we're going to Cartagena in February (my boyfriend and one of our close friends)... and I read that playa hollywood is the gay friendly beach which is located in front of the Caribe Hotel (close to the Hilton). I'm expecting Cartagena to be very LGTB friendly...

We've also been to Mexico (Playa Del Carmen last March) and absolutely loved it. We're really excited about Cartagena and would love to hear how your trips go and what your experience was like and obviously some suggestions (will be watching for the trip report). =-)

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
8,780 posts
130 reviews
6. Re: How gay friendly is Cartagena for two gay women?

If you read Spanish, this website will fill you in:

www.guiagaycolombia.com

Then click on the Cartagena link, where you'll find the address of Studio 54.

7. Re: How gay friendly is Cartagena for two gay women?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 11:53
Get answers to your questions about Cartagena