We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Places to stay

Hi, we're 30 year olds who will be in Cartagena in August. Does anyone know of smaller 'botique' hotels in the city?

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
140 reviews
1. Re: Places to stay

I've been to Cartagena four times, haven't stayed at any of these places, but have heard great reports on them both on this website and from my friends in Cartagena:

Casa La Fe

Alfiz Hotel

Casa El Carretero (?)

Casa de Las Palmas

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Places to stay

THanks! I'll look into them

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,517 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Places to stay

We stayed at Casa la Fe in January. We had a great time. The caveat would be to make sure you get one of the rooms that have a balcny overlooking the plaza. Otherwise, I'm not sure the rooms have windows at all.

The breakfasts were very good, the front desk helpful and the locations perfect.

miami, fl
Level Contributor
8 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Places to stay

the city has become expensive, but this is the best i can recommend in boutique:

1. usd. 350 to usd 250 range: hotel LM, hotel santa clara (not a boutique but terrific and close to the experience), hotel casa pestagua, hotel bantu, hotel la merced, in that order)

2. usd 250 to usd 150 range: hotel casa del curato, hotel casa del arzobispado, hotel el marques, hotel 3 banderas ( in that order)

PD: Do not trust the restaurant recomendations shown in trip advisor. Almost all are very common and uninspiring places. Go to any of these, all are good to excellent: Juan del Mar, 818, La Enoteca, La Langosta, Cafe San Pedro, Arabe, Club de Pesca, La Cava, La Vitrola, El refectorio

5. Re: Places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 11:49