We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colombia

Hemet, California
1 post
Colombia
Save

Okay I'm opening up a question that was closed about 5 years ago. I am leaving for Bogota in a week and will be there for 5 days. After that, I'm looking to see some of the other cities, one of which is Santa Marta because it was suggested to me by a guy that I tutor English in. I am a single white American male who is 55 and retired military and yeah, running into some locals would be ideal because I will be in Colombia for at least a month. I'm not hurting for money so I'm not tied to budget or schedule. If you were me, where should I end up to meet locals, especially women, and not have to worry about too much. Any assistance is certainly appreciated. Rotten eggs and tomatoes thrown at me are welcome too :-) Later

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
500 posts
68 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Colombia
Save

Was the guy that you tutored from Santa Marta? Many times people like to tout their city. I think some other sites may also be helpful for you, but for the most part locals are pretty friendly. Generally speaking with age people become more street smart so I won't lecture on some people you may meet that will pretend to be your friend. If you are there for one month, I'd say try doing some activities like going to a salsa place, or a class of yoga, or take an art class or anything of interest you may have.

4 posts
2. Re: Colombia
Save

Cartagena

Hemet, California
3 posts
3. Re: Colombia
Save

No he's actually from Bogota. Thanks for the response tho preciate it...

Edited: 21 August 2021, 08:43
Level Contributor
67 posts
20 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Colombia
Save

II would say Medellin. Cartagena is full of tourists. Bogota I found cool and wet.

5. Re: Colombia

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2021, 04:28

Hemet, California
3 posts
6. Re: Colombia
Save

If I needed a hookup I can get that here...

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
508 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Colombia
Save

At #6: Thanks for reporting. Very helpful.

drftr

Reply to: Colombia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cartagena
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.