We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Swim near Cartagena old city

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Quick Swim near Cartagena old city

Our last day here and we wanted to do a short swim at a beach. We know they are not that nice. We would take a taxi to perhaps Boca grande area? What location should we tell taxi driver ? Is there a good hotel to target? Are the beaches all public? How much approximately is reasonable for taxi fare?

3 replies to this topic
Colombia
Level Contributor
4,957 posts
197 reviews
1. Re: Quick Swim near Cartagena old city

When I swim there I go to the beach area to the left of Hotel Caribe Bocagrande (you could also use Kiosco El Bony restaurant as a reference - I recommend a meal here as well - it is not five start however is good food and a sort of iconic Cartagena restaurant).

OR

In El Laguito a little further on - here it is more quiet and less hassle from the vendors. There are some nice bars and restaurants - the Dann Carlton or Hilton could be used as a reference. I use restaurant La Sierra as my base - and swim from there, then back to my table for a drink etc.

A taxi far should run no more than 6 to 7,000 pesos - cheap even if they charge you 10,000 !

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Quick Swim near Cartagena old city

Castillogrande has a decent beach;all beaches are public in Colombia.The taxi fare is around 7k;the minimum charge is cop 6700.

Calgary, Canada
4 posts
3. Re: Quick Swim near Cartagena old city

Will visit Cartagena for one day on the cruise.

Will appreciate if somebody share the experience;

- is port far away from City

- is it safe to use the taxi

- does somebody have a recommendations on use of private transport company or taxi

- how much time do me need from Port to City and back to port

Appreciate respond

Manuel

Reply to: Quick Swim near Cartagena old city
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cartagena