We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Playa Blanca?

Redondo Beach...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Taxi to Playa Blanca?

We are a family of 4 and we're planning on taking a shuttle bus to Playa Blanca. Is a taxi a better option? How much should the cost? Do they stay there all day and then drive you home? I also heard they can negotiate beach beds, jet skies and banana boat rides. Any info would be great.

9 replies to this topic
Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
1. Re: Taxi to Playa Blanca?

I think due to the number of people is more convenient to take a private shuttle van.

Private Shuttle cost: 250.000 approx (round trip)

Shuttle bus cost: 50.000 p/p approx (round trip)

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Taxi to Playa Blanca?

Hi,

Do you know the name of a taxi company with whom we could arrange a private shuttle with?

Many thanks

Elizabeth

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
3. Re: Taxi to Playa Blanca?

we just got back this weekend and took a boat ride which took 45 min or so. def. the way to go.

Portland Oregon
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Taxi to Playa Blanca?

We were there last month and took a taxi for 4 to Playa Blanca, it cost about $100 US for the day if I remember right, and he took us to the bird aviary afterwards. We also rented a boat and went to Rosario Islands and had a much better experience. The beach merchants on Playa Blanca were some of the most aggressive I have ever experienced and there was a lot of trash on the beach, it ruined our experience. Rosario Island was fantastic. We rented a private boat with Boats4u, which was about $600 for the day. You can also take a larger tour boat to the islands for about $75 each.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
75 posts
49 reviews
5. Re: Taxi to Playa Blanca?

I am interested in this as well. I don't think taking a taxi there will be an issue, but how readily available are they at the beach once you are ready to leave?

Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Taxi to Playa Blanca?

You can join a local tour around $22 usd per person lunch is included & take their bus to playa de Blanca or go to the ferry terminal in front of Torre de Reloj (the clock tower) directly and take a boat ride to playa de Blanca around 45min boat ride. You can also uber there but I don’t know your way back if uber is available or you might have to negotiate with drivers price varies on where you stay and it’s a long drive.

Edited: 14 January 2018, 08:15
nj
Level Contributor
151 posts
7. Re: Taxi to Playa Blanca?

Iwas looking at ciguenatours.com but afraid to pay online since they say they don't have an office in cartagena..when are u going? We will be there last week of this month.. want to do aviary, passing on playa blanca since now it seems annoying vendors and a lot of trash... may do an island trip if affordable.. going on a budget for 16 days ...

paris
Level Contributor
2 posts
72 reviews
8. Re: Taxi to Playa Blanca?

en octobre 2018

de Carthagène à playa blanca on a négocié 120000pesos par taxi aller retour soit 34e

paris
Level Contributor
2 posts
72 reviews
9. Re: Taxi to Playa Blanca?

in october 2018, it costs 60.000pesos to go per taxi ( without negociation ) around 17e

Reply to: Taxi to Playa Blanca?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cartagena