We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with tub

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
301 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with tub

My son lives in qingdao. His apt. Is too small for me to stay, hence I would like to find something with a tub. I have points for Hilton but he says its too far away from him. He is close to Le Meridien

And may be able to get points but no guarantee as I'll be staying two weeks. I don't want to show up without a reservation even though my son speaks Madarin fairly well.

He gets off for two weeks and plan to return with him in February. Many places show no availability. I'd like a soft bed or my son could probably get me a topper. Will be doing lots of walking so would like a tub...any suggestions?

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
937 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with tub

Your son is right, Hilton is very far away from Le Meridien... Maybe your son works/study in Qingdao Technological University? Le Meridien is the 5 star hotel that most close to QTU...

Le Meridien is pretty good, one of the best hotel in QD, although I hate its buffet... :D It's close to Qingdao Library, good position for shopping and eating but the traffic is bad during 07am - 10 am and 04 pm - 07 pm...

Shangrila Qingdao is 2.5 km away from Le Meridien. Other choices would be Inter Continental Qingdao(Sailling center) or Crown Plaza in HK Road(Near Jusco). Please note that all those hotels are in CBD and along the metro line that is under construction.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with tub

Thank you, my son is next to the library also, didn't realize how big the city was and how far Doubletree is.

I've asked him to go into LeMeridian and see if he can secure a good rate.

Yantai
Level Contributor
66 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with tub

I agree with the information in the reply you got. I also think you made the right choice with Le Meridien. There are other good hotels around that area, but I doubt they would offer tubs which are more in the higher end accommodation. If you redeemed your ponts at Double Tree, it may not be worth it after paying for taxi trips in heavy traffic. The others in Hong Kong Middle road or CBD area may also have what you want and look close on the map, but as the destination expert pointed out, traffic jams could turn a short trip into a long wait. All the best with your trip.

Qingdao, China
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with tub

I agree with the information

Maybe Frglory international Plaza is suitable for you

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with tub

I may split it into two properties, one week each. Where is Frglory?

My son wants to use the gym at LeMeridien.

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
937 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with tub

Yep, the gym and pool in Le Meridien are good.

Do you mean Fraglory??? It's on Hong Kong Road, the position is good.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with tub

Hong Kong Rd sounds interesting as I'll have my son to translate for me, I feel more adventurous.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with tub

I see a Farglory Residence listed but not on Hong Kong rd

Yantai
Level Contributor
66 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with tub

You should be able to find it on Hong Kong Middle Road. This area has a lot of choices as well - can shop around and compare if you like. From our experiences, it's a good idea to check out your room before you book in - cigarette fumes, air conditioner noise, appearance etc. ..even in higher end hotels. Hong Kong Middle road offers a lot as you should soon see.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with tub

I love air conditioner noise, use it for sleep, hate cigarette smoke though. My son says it is quite common there. He just scored a 98percent on his Madarin test so I will defer to him.

Thanks for all your help, seems like a great city.