We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location to stay and must see places in qingdao ?

Delhi
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Best location to stay and must see places in qingdao ?

We two persons are reaching Qingdao on 20th night at airport and will be back on 23 rd evening 5.40 pm from airport ....can anybody suggest me a good plan to see & enjoy Qingdao as well as the best location to stay in the heart of city ?? we are not very much intereasted in historical .....please suggest a good plan telling the name of the point and what is there to see ?? also about night life, safety etc .

Thanks a lot in advance

rahul

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
951 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Best location to stay and must see places in qingdao ?

You can stay in Shinan district. It's the CBD and CLD of Qingdao, with beautiful sight.

From the airport go to Shinan district will cost you 50-60 minutes.

There are many night clubs in Shinan district.

Delhi
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Best location to stay and must see places in qingdao ?

Thanks for your sugeestion. Please also tell a good hotel around 100 USd per double bed room per night . What about crownee plaza ? its at a good location as suggested by you or not ?? tell me some other hotels name only at very good location .

Please also suggest a best plan to see Qingdao as we will reach on 19th night and will check out on 23 rd afternoon .

I got great help from Tripp advisor for my all visits to all over world...I need a plan as earlier I got for Macau destination expert whcih was very very helpfull for me . Its not easy to make plan after reaching because it spoils time and in china there is also language problem .

thanks

Rahul

India

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
951 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Best location to stay and must see places in qingdao ?

Do you mean Crowne Plaza Hotel? Yes, it's good, I love this hotel, but the only problem is: there are some construction projects around the hotel, so it is a little noisy.

Here is a plan in this forum, you could follow it, and 3 days are enough.

Day 1: travel along the beach Zhanqiao, No1 beach, Navy museum or Ocean World , Badaguan/No2 beach. If you select Crowne Plaza, it's close to Olympic Sailing Center and Wusi square, so you can go there at night.

Day 2: Mt. Laoshan, also you can go to Old Stone Man beach when you back to hotel if time is enough

For night club, New York club is not far from Crowne Plaza. Also there are many clubs in that area, but I haven't been to them for years...

Also there are some cheap hotels such as China Community, QingDao Overseas Chinese Hotel etc.

Delhi
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Best location to stay and must see places in qingdao ?

sir,

Regarding stay I am confuesed.crowne plaza is expensive...what do you think about apartments ?? We need a hotel upto around 100 USD but at good location means heat of city like crowne plaza ?? please suggest ...any India restaurant is there we are pure vegetarian ??

What we shoud see or do 3rd day ??

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
951 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Best location to stay and must see places in qingdao ?

Crowne Plaza is in Laoshan District.

~~~@travelcici, Crowne Plaza is No.76 Hongkong Middle Road, Shinan District, Qingdao, it's in the CBD and CLD.

The hotel near Old Stone Man(Shi Lao Ren) is Best Western Premier Qingdao Kilin Crown Hotel.

They are different, although their Chinese names are similar...

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
951 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Best location to stay and must see places in qingdao ?

There is an India restaurant named 法蒂玛印度休闲餐厅(the address is:青岛市市南区古田路10号丁). It's not far from Crowne Plaza hotel, 2-3 block at most. I didn't go there because I don't like curry.

My recommendation would be China Community, cheap, but not easy to find, 1 km away from Crowne Plaza. 青岛华侨国际饭店 (QingDao Overseas Chinese Hotel) is good, only 200m away from Crowne Plaza. AND... New York Club is on this hotel's 2nd floor. Haha, if you drink a lot, you needn't to find where your hotel is, just go upstairs. So there is a tip, is you book this hotel, you need higher floors, because this club is noisy before 2 a.m.

Maybe you could do some shopping on the third day, to see what the Night Market is, or Qingdao Beer factory and museum. Do you want to try some seafood? maybe not...

Delhi
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Best location to stay and must see places in qingdao ?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions . Please tell me about Holiday Inn ..is it at a good location or not ??

What you suggest to be carefull on beaches ?? Any famous night disco is there ??

Taxi is easily available and any cheating in prices ??

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
951 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Best location to stay and must see places in qingdao ?

In fact, there are at least 2 hotels named "Holiday Inn",

One is: Holiday Inn Parkview Qingdao, it is far away from the center.

The other one is: Holiday Inn Haiding, I don't know much about this hotel, it's good location, close to Zhanqiao Pier, but it is close to train station, maybe too noisy i think.

Be careful on beaches? Maybe do not be naked... A foreign girl without her bra had sun bath on the beach was printed on our local newspaper, but you only can see mosaic on her (.)(.). Haha, kidding. Nothing to worry about.

But you still need to take care of you wallet as what you did when you travel in other cities.

For taxi, it's RMB7(RMB10 for better cars) for first 3km, more than 3km, you need to pay for RMB1.6 - 2.0 depends on the car types, then RMB1 for fuel fee. Taxi in Qingdao is good. Licensed taxis have meters. Pay as the meters show you. You can try to take bus as well, buses that run along the seaside has English and Chinese information, I mean, buses will tell you which stop it arrives in English .

*IMPORTANT:* 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm is rush hour and taxi drivers always relief during that time, so it's difficult to find a taxi.

I haven't been to disco for years... Maybe I was too old to dance.... hahahaha.

Edited: 13 May 2010, 09:16
Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
951 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Best location to stay and must see places in qingdao ?

For taxi, it's RMB7(RMB10 for better cars) for first 3km, more than 3km, you need to pay for RMB1.6 - 2.0 depends on the car types,

~~~~~~~~~Sorry, I mean RMB1.6-2.0 per KM.

Delhi
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Best location to stay and must see places in qingdao ?

sir

Thanks a lot for so usefull information . I just got a hotel Copthorne , please tell me about this hotel location and type of Hotel ?? is it a good hotel to stay ??

Which is the most pouplar and beautifull beach ??

at what time we must go to beach ?

which is most beautifull place in Qingdao ??

is it the right time to visit Qingdao as tourist ??