We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My trip through Luoyang, Henan

NY
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
My trip through Luoyang, Henan

I received lot of good feedback from this forum on planning my few days around Luoyang and I though I should return the favor by writing few words on our recent travels through China. We are a family of 4 (2 teenage children) and returned not more than 10 days ago.

We traveled by G Train from Hangzhou to Luoyang and got into Longman station around 10pm. We took taxi from train station (probably overcharged us but given that time of the day, we ddnt worry much). We stayed at Holiday Inn about 4-5km away from Luoyang Longman station, which was an excellent and brand new hotel.

Our trip was made very pleasant by a driver we found on the TA board named Spring, 454087616@qq.com. Traveling in Luoyang using public transportation is possible, but we knew no Chinese and we were tight on time. We were very glad we signed up with Spring to show us around. He was not only an english speaking driver, he had knowledge about the area as well and provided lots of tips of visiting the sites. We drove us in his personal car both the days.

First day we went to the Yuntai Mountains GeoPark, mostly highway driving for 2.5 hrs, The park was spectacular. We visited the Red Stone Gorge (looks similar to Utah's Zion/Capitol Reef NPs but add lush greenery!) and Zhuyu Peak (that has the Phoenix Mountain Glass Skywalk, the shuttle up and down the mountain was a ride by itself - a great engineering feat)! The glass walk was fabulous as well. We left hotel at around 8am and had enough time to cover both. We got a partly cloudy day and that kept the temperatures cool. I was pleasantly surprised to see lot less people in the park than I saw in photos :-)!

The next day we covered Shaolin Temple, White Horse Temple and Longman Caves (in that order). It was a bit wet day. But the cloud and mist added character and sense of mystery to all the pictures I took. We really enjoyed all the three sites. In the evening, we took a G train to Xi'an to continue on with our journey.

I would like to thanks Spring for driving us for two days in Luoyang and surrounds and highly recommend him. He was very punctual, prompt with emails and helped us plan the trip.

Enjoy!

Edited: 25 June 2017, 02:37
4 replies to this topic
Zhengzhou, China
Level Contributor
144 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: My trip through Luoyang, Henan

nice

Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: My trip through Luoyang, Henan

Hi there, can you please tell me how much did Spring charge for the two days? Thanks!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: My trip through Luoyang, Henan

Yes, we agree, Spring is very helpfull. Our trip was arrange by Spring, car n driver during our trip in zhengzhou, louyang, kaifeng and shaolin temple (for 8 days). His email: 45408761@qq.com

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: My trip through Luoyang, Henan

Correction:

SPRING (tour guide) email address: 454087616@qq.com

Reply to: My trip through Luoyang, Henan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted