We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide for Ankor Wat

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
Guide for Ankor Wat

My hotel includes in its rates a tuk tuk driver for 12 hours each day I am there. I would like to hire an actual Guide for touring Ankor Wat. All the websites I have looked at seem to have guided tours which include their transport. Does anyone have a recommendation of a Guide who could come with me in my Tuk Tuk from site to site? Thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,521 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Guide for Ankor Wat

Since you are using the hotel's driver you should consider asking the hotel to arrange the guide as well. Every hotel has guides in their network and will generally choose good ones to guard their reputation among their guests. If you engage a guide on your own it should be no issue for the guide who's tuk tuk he is riding in. Just ask the guide in your first correspondence.

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Guide for Ankor Wat

Thank you.

3. Re: Guide for Ankor Wat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 21:05
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,521 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Guide for Ankor Wat

Angkoriano, Hello and welcome to the forum. As a guide I am sure you will be able to answer many questions that tourists will ask. As a new person to the forum you probably do not know that is not allowed to promote a business or to advertise or promote business services. I can imagine that you like to do as much as you can to find work and to support your family. The best way to do that here is to answer questions with good information so you can build up your name. But it will not be good and will not be allowed to promote yourself as a guide. Good luck and all the best to you and your family.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
118 reviews
5. Re: Guide for Ankor Wat

Hi,

We just finished two days with Mr. Phanit, a freelance certified guide. It was $60 including a driver per day. He was a great guide and I can recommend him. Contact at phanitchhay@yahoo.com or 855-12-689878. I am sur you can work out a price for guide only.

Ask him to take you to a fishing village boat tour if you have more than one day. It is definitely worth the time instead of visiting just temples.

Keep cash handy and the USD is effectively the currency so carry small bills. Wish you the best.

6. Re: Guide for Ankor Wat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 10:49