We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in December

How's the weather in December in and around Siam Reap? My main concern is weather it is covered by the North East Monsoon and does it rain in a manner similar to peninsular Malaysia or Singapore during this period? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,426 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in December

Cammbodia is cooler (relatively) and drier in December than other times of the year - that's why it is peak tourist season.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,205 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in December

I spent a week in SR last December (2011) and didn't experience any rain.

I didn't need to wear anything warmer than a short sleeved t-shirt and cotton trousers.

Happy travels!

Trisha

Thailand
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in December

December is the cool and dry period. The climate pattern there is very different from Singapore.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
63 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in December

Lovely in December, you might need a light jacket if you are on a moto at night.

5. Re: Weather in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 21:47
Get answers to your questions about Siem Reap