We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help please!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help please!

Hi,

My husband and I will be in siem reap in Feb for 3 days. On the day of arrival we plan to buy our tickets (after 5pm) and watch sunset at Angkor Wat. Then below is our itinerary.

Day 1 - by tuk tuk

>Sunrise at Angkor Wat

>Prasat Kravan

>Ta Prohm

>Sras Srang

>Banteay Kdei

>Ta Keo

>Chau Say Thevoda

>Thommanom

>Victory Gate

>Angkor Thom

Day 2- Tuk tuk or car?

>Banteay Srei

>Land mine museum

>Butterfly centre

>Kbal Spean

>Beng Maelea

>Roluos Group

> Sunset at Phnom Bakheng

Day 3 - tuk tuk

>North Gate of Angkor Thom

>Preah Khan (sunrise)

>Neak Pean

>Ta Som

>East Mebon

>Pre Rup

>Tonle Sap / Kompong Phluk (sunset)

Any advice/ comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Lisa

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
48 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help please!

Hi, I think you itinerary sounds great. The area is small and thing are close together. My husband and I are returning to Cambodia in January 2013 for we found a NGO to contribute to and are back with more funds.

Check out

HVTO.org

you can donate a water well, school funds for englsh or computers!!!!!

Putting a girl or boy thru college is $435 a year!!!!

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
48 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help please!

Hi, I think you itinerary sounds great. The area is small and thing are close together. My husband and I are returning to Cambodia in January 2013 for we found a NGO to contribute to and are back with more funds.

Check out

HVTO.org

you can donate a water well, school funds for englsh or computers!!!!!

Putting a girl or boy thru college is $435 a year!!!!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,308 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help please!

You are defo going to want to do Day 2 by car as that day is a real lot of driving and distance.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help please!

Thank you both for the info. I will def do day 2 by car, I have just found out how far away beng mealea is. Was just concerned I wouldn't fit everything into day 2 and would have to miss off roluos group. But I'm guessing it is doable just going to be very busy!

Townsville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary help please!

I just returned from Angkor and also installing five water towers into local schools with planet water. The bores at the schools are prone to infection and bacteria that cause disease so thes towers have filtration. Great experience! Planet Water are doing a great job in the area also. On the schedule it sounds great, the only suggestion I have would be 5am start at Angor Wat and watch the sunrise over the temple. I got some great photos! Also the Amok curry and the lok lak are two must try Khmer dishes.....have fun.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary help please!

I just returned from Angkor and also installing five water towers into local schools with planet water. The bores at the schools are prone to infection and bacteria that cause disease so thes towers have filtration. Great experience! Planet Water are doing a great job in the area also. On the schedule it sounds great, the only suggestion I have would be 5am start at Angor Wat and watch the sunrise over the temple. I got some great photos! Also the Amok curry and the lok lak are two must try Khmer dishes.....have fun.

7. Re: Itinerary help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 15:47
Get answers to your questions about Siem Reap