We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from 5 days in S R

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from 5 days in S R

Just back from 5 days in S R, what a lovely country with lovely people, we found them very genuine and friendly everywhere we went and never felt we got ripped off as was the norm in Bangkok.

Won't elaborate on itinerary but we used a good guide called Mr Sang Soknov, he told us to call him Mr Sok, his English was very good and his knowledge immense, I believe he charges $20 a day and the car with driver is probably half that ( we paid more as we booked through N agency ) he gets very short of work in the low season so p,ease use him, he speaks a little French too, he was always on time and very trustworthy.

We also came across a lovely Tuk Tuk driver just by chance, he also spoke great English and Japanese, he didn't do any guiding just drove us anywhere we wanted to go for 4 hours, I think we gave him $15, a nice friendly man who kept suggesting other sites for us to see, he was called Mr Pros,

Please pm me if you want either of the phone nos or e mail addresses for them,

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Damnak Steakhouse
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Steakhouse, Cambodian
Fresh Fruit Factory
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Cafe, International, Contemporary
Crane
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, European, Cambodian, Asian
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from 5 days in S R

You can ask Tripadvisor to add his contact details to the list here on the right under "Can you recommend a good guide (or driver)" in the Top questions about Siem Reap

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
take_me_away2day
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from 5 days in S R

Hi- I would like their info. We are traveling there on 11/24-11/28. Also, did you take train from BK to SR? If so, how was your experience. I'm really debating doing train there (one-way) and fly back since we are quite short on time. I want to experience train travel if it's worth it. Thanks, Elsie

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from 5 days in S R

Hi,

Sorry we flew in and out of Siem Reap so no advise about train.

The Tuk Tuk driver was Mr Pros, e mail longpros9@yahoo.com. We paid him $14 for 4 hours driving round temples, no guiding bu he does speak English

On previous days we used a Guide called Mr Sok ( Mr Sang Soknov ) e mail sang.soknov@yahoo.com, he speaks quite good English and is hugely knowledgeable about the temples and history ( if a little serious ) he is $20 a day but we paid far more as we hired him through a company ! He can also get a car adn driver which I think is $10 a day.

Good Luck !

Karen Cannon

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
4. Re: Just back from 5 days in S R

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 15:46