We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another (quick) weather question - sorry

London
Level Contributor
519 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Another (quick) weather question - sorry

I'm going to be in Siem Reap for 5 days in mid-December. I absolutely realise that how 'cool' people find the weather at that time of year will be heavily dependent on where they live or where they are coming from. But I'd be very grateful to know if December evenings are warm enough for (most) visitors to happily dine outdoors. Many thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Thailand
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another (quick) weather question - sorry

It is the tropics. One can always be outdoors in the evenings.

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another (quick) weather question - sorry

Coming from London I think you will find it will always appear 'hot'

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14,882 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another (quick) weather question - sorry

As already said by Marlene, you will feel somewhat more than "warm" in the evenings. Never mind the day time.

To get the weather statistics in either F or C, just use Google or any other search engine and enter...WMO+ Siem Reap... and look at December to get the rolling five year statistics.

Best regards. Ian

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
London
Level Contributor
519 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another (quick) weather question - sorry

Many thanks. I had checked out the max/min temperature statistics, but I was a bit puzzled by a few reports I'd seen on TA and elsewhere suggesting that I might still want a light fleece in the evenings and early mornings in December. Fleeces and outdoor dining don't quite go together in my view. So I'm very happy to know that I'm going to be warm (or more).

London, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another (quick) weather question - sorry

We have visited Siem Reap in Dec-Jan in the past, I am one of those people that feel the cold, and we have stayed out late at night and dined outdoors in shorts and tshirts and have felt no need for a jumper.

The only time I did feel like I needed a jumper was an early morning tuktuk drive to the airport. Like I said this was the only time.

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Thailand
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another (quick) weather question - sorry

Just came back from Siem Reap. The heat -- day and night -- was intense, and I could not bear to sit outside at night -- had to go into the air-con.

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
7. Re: Another (quick) weather question - sorry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2013, 15:46