We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars in siem reap

nsw
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
bars in siem reap

can any one tell me of a good bar to drink at

while in siem reap?

i was hopeing that then may be some Girlie bars (like in Sukhumvit area) i was just what to have a look for the fun of it? with out getting hasseled...

thank daryl

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,139 posts
92 reviews
1. Re: bars in siem reap

Yep, there are heaps and heaps on "pub street". Some have hostesses which will pour you a drink, some with Sukhumvit-esque bar girls, whre you have to pay the bar fine in order to leave wiht her. Have a look here for a lengthy list, something might suit your fancy.

canbypublications.com/siemreap/srrestaurants…

There are also places like Soksan (www.soksanpalace.com) that has karaoke and dancing...

Siem Reap
Level Contributor
512 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: bars in siem reap

There are actually very few bars down Pub/bar street as most of them are restaurants.

There is probably only one bar that you will find slappers in and that is the Golden Temple bar. Not far from bar street is Zanzibar which also might be what you are looking for.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: bars in siem reap

soksan is closed now,,its nothing like thailand and no real bars like that in siem reap.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,139 posts
92 reviews
4. Re: bars in siem reap

Has Zanzybar closed? (I've never been there!) And what about those "karaoke/disco" places (on street 60?)- do they only cater to Asian male tourists? I really wouldn't know...

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
121 reviews
5. Re: bars in siem reap

Soksan has close for a while; but it is due to reopen with a more family friendy image??

Zanzybar is still running. Its not the kind of place you'd take your mother to!

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,139 posts
92 reviews
6. Re: bars in siem reap

I don't think Daryl was planning to take his mum there, since he originally asked about "Girlie bars"... ;-)

nsw
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: bars in siem reap

no i not taken my mum she would not leave australia...

but i would just be going for a look not to take agirl home... we cant see any think like a girly bar here..... i just for the fun of it.

nsw
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: bars in siem reap

noi not taken my mum i just what to go for the fun of it i would not be go any where near a girl.....

mum would like it..

daryl

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: bars in siem reap

Certainly not a "girlie" bar but a place that should not be missed is The Dead Fish Tower. Great place to have a meal and a few beers....and check out the live crocodile pit.

We have some pics on our website here... www.bobandjanette.com that might be worth a look.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
10. Re: bars in siem reap

I would recommend Dead Fish Towers also, we lost a few afternoons/evenings in there. Staff are very welcoming and attentive and food and alcohol selection is good.

The bar in the night market is also a nice place to stop for a cocktail after haggling with the locals.