We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balloon ride

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Balloon ride

I am interested about the price of the balloon ride over Siem Reap that I have read about .

Can anyone help me?

We are going to be in Cambodia in May next year , so are just doing our research.

Any helpful advice will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks Lindy.

KL
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Balloon ride

Hi Mari,

That was a nice view on that. But the Balloon ride is nit over as your read about. Just rise up and get down for 15minut. Its cost you 15$

You will probably have the same view if you get up on the hill of the mountain that situated close to Angkor Wat (Bakeng Mountain)also the best spot for Sunset.

Since you still looking for anyone to drive you at Siem Reap. I would highly recommend Sun, His E.mail sunsame99@gmail.com.

E.mail him in advance to let him know your preference.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
390 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Balloon ride

the balloon is attached to a wire it goes up and it comes down and thats it,not worth it

Canon City, Colorado
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Balloon ride

We just returned from Siem Reap and we really enjoyed the balloon ride. The 360 view was terrific for pictures. It was priced at $15.00 per person which was quite reasonable. The employee who operated the cables was quite helpful in pointing out sites from the air. It was a pleasant respite from the temples.

Canon City, Colorado
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Balloon ride

Also Artisans School was a very interesting place to see. Our guide was Muon Sophanna email sophannna_muon@yahoo.com. He was just wonderful. So sensitive to our needs and very skilled at his job.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Balloon ride

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help, I am sure I will have heaps more Questions in the next few months.

Cheers Lindy.

Devon, England
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Balloon ride

Hi Lindy,

We also just got back from Siem Reap & were booked to go on the fixed cable balloon ride but this was cancelled by the company due to safety concerns!!

I'm photo-mad so would have liked to do it, but our tour leader said it wasn't worth it- stright up & down, not brilliant views - though why it was part of our itinery then I'm unsure.

Have fun!

Antonia

7. Re: Balloon ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 09:56