We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this doable...?

Cairns
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
50 reviews
20 helpful votes
Is this doable...?

Hi

Planning on 8 nights in Siem Reap in October

Have read Ancient Angkor and some websutes and come up with this list

Those who have been there before and some many times please advise if this is doable and if we do early starts allow some temple free time in some afternoons as well

Day 1 Short flight arrival 0930 - settle in 7 day Angkor Pass, National museum then Angkor Wat 3-4pm

Day 2 Tuk Tuk - Roulos group, Bakong, Preah Ko, & Banteay Samre (Early start)

Day 3 Tuk Tuk - Ta Phrom, Banteay Kdei, Preah Khan, Ta Som, Pre Rup(Early start)

Day 4 Hire car - Beng Mealea & Koh Ker

Day 5 Tuk Tuk - Angkor Thom, Bayon, Thommanon & Chey Say Tevoda(Early start)

Day 6 Hire car - Banteay Srei, Banteay Chhmar

Day 7 Tuk Tuk - Back to Angkor Wat early morning

Cheers

Edited: 04 December 2017, 07:43
6 replies to this topic
China
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
161 reviews
94 helpful votes
1. Re: Is this doable...?

Hello,

Regarding day 6:

I suggest combining Banteay Srei with a visit to Kbal Spean / Phnom Kulen and then stop at the land mine museum on the way back to town. I would also try to get to Banteay Srei as early as possible to try and avoid the bus tour groups. You can do this route by tuk-tuk although it is a bit slow and bumpy.

I have been to Banteay Chhmar and highly recommend it. But it will take at least two and a half hours to get there from Siem Reap town. I think it would be better to do Bantaey Srei on one day and Banteay Chhmar on another.

Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
8 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Is this doable...?

Most of your days the temples you have listed don't open until 7:30am, so you won't need an early start (unless that's what you consider early!). I agree with the response above about combining Banteay Srei and Banteay Chhmar - there is another small temple ruin (Banteay Torp) that you can stop and see enroute to Banteay Chhmar if interested (very ruined state - but quite interesting nonetheless with a new pagoda built next to it). You could look at doing Banteay Srei on your day 5 - but I'd start the day with that.

Cairns
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
50 reviews
20 helpful votes
3. Re: Is this doable...?

OK Thanks

Will make B.Chhmar a lone one day trip and move B.Srei to another day

Cheers

North Wales
Level Contributor
312 posts
141 reviews
114 helpful votes
4. Re: Is this doable...?

We visited Being Mealea in the morning and the place was packed out... not the deserted temple ruins we were led to believe we would be seeing and a disappointment. Our guide said it was quiet after 4.30pm.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Is this doable...?

Hello, we are visiting Siem Reap's ANGKOR WAT and we heard KOH KHER TEMPLE and BENG MEALEA are also worth visiting... Anyone knows what would be the best option to get to these sites: hire a car (one day is enough?) or go by TukTuk / taxi available at the moment from/to siem reap and between the historical sites? Thank you very much

Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
8 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Is this doable...?

Koh Ker is much to far to travel by tuk tuk. Beng Melea is doable via tuk tuk, but a long, and usually very dusty, ride. If you hire a car going to both makes a very nice day trip.

Reply to: Is this doable...?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted