We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla del Sol Blockage

Poland
Level Contributor
23 posts
137 reviews
62 helpful votes
Isla del Sol Blockage

Hi,

I saw a post that the whole Isla del Sol & Luna are going to be blocked for tourists.

https://www.paginasiete.bo/sociedad/2018/6/3/detienen-actividad-turistica-en-comunidades-de-la-isla-del-sol-182133.html#!

Did I get it correctly? Can someone confirm that there won't be a possiblity to visit these two islands in the near future?

14 replies to this topic
singapore
Level Contributor
548 posts
4 reviews
11. Re: Isla del Sol Blockage

Thanks Marek J.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
66 posts
916 reviews
1,614 helpful votes
12. Re: Isla del Sol Blockage

I'm going to be in Copacabana in late February and wanted to see if the North/South dispute is still ongoing. Thanks.

Jeff

California
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
11 helpful votes
13. Re: Isla del Sol Blockage

Does anyone have an update on the situation on Isla del Sol? I'm interested in spending a night in Yumani on the north side of the island. Thank you.

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
8,695 posts
20 reviews
50 helpful votes
14. Re: Isla del Sol Blockage

As far as I know most of the island is still off-limits. We spent one night on Isla del Sol. Jeremy, Yumani is in the south. You can only hike to the southern tip of the island from Yumani and in Yumani you can hike down to the docks and back up to the top of the hill. You can also do a short hike to a mirador. We were told we could hike the trail north for a short while but it turned out we could not go far at all. After leaving Yumani we were approached by several locals right away. They were friendly but told us to turn back. I highly recommend staying overnight as the sunset and sunrise were amazing.

Reply to: Isla del Sol Blockage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted